Inspire Faculty fellowships DST – MST : Inspire Call for Applications – 2017 (Session – II): Ministry of Science and Technology (MST) and Department of Science and Technology (DST) calls applications under the INSPIRE Faculty Scheme: a component of the “Assured Opportunity for Research Career (AORC)” under INSPIRE scheme.
Applications/Nominations for the session of July- December 2017 are invited from eligible Indian nationals for Inspire Faculty Award/fellowship.
Age group: 27-32 years.
How to Apply: Eligible candidates, either in Direct (A) or Nomination (B) mode, should apply only through online.
INSPIRE has 3 components:
1. Scheme for Early Attraction of Talent (SEATS),
- Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) and
- Assured Opportunity for Research Careers (AORC).
Assured Opportunity for Research Careers (AORC) aims to attract and attach talented young Researchers for strengthening the R&D foundation and base.
It has two sub-components.
- INSPIRE Fellowship(age group of 22-27 years): offers 1000 fellowships every year, for carrying out phD degree in basic and applied sciences including engineering and medicine.
- INSPIRE Faculty Scheme, it offers assured opportunity for 1000 postdoc researcher candidates in the age group of 27-32 years, through contractual & tenure track positions for five years in both basic and applied sciences area.
Applicatrion Procedure: After submission of online application form via application portal (see the link below), the candidate must take a printout of the application and send it along with necessary supporting documents to the following address:
The Executive Director,
Indian National Science Academy (INSA),
Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi -110002
Deadline: 27th August 2017.
|Organization||Inspire by DST – MST|
|Subject areas||All disciplines under the organization|
|Salary||As per UGC norms|
|Deadline||27th August 2017|
Apply for job
Department of Science & Technology (DST) was established in May 1971, with the objective of promoting new areas of Science & Technology and to play the role of a nodal department for organising, coordinating and promoting S&T activities in the country. The Department has major responsibilities for specific projects and programmes as listed below:
- Formulation of policies relating to Science and Technology.
- Matters relating to the Scientific Advisory Committee of the Cabinet (SACC).
- Promotion of new areas of Science and Technology with special emphasis on emerging areas.
- Research and Development through its research institutions or laboratories for development of indigenous technologies concerning bio-fuel production, processing, standardization and applications, in co-ordination with the concerned Ministry or Department;
- Research and Development activities to promote utilization of by-products to development value added chemicals.
- Coordination and integration of areas of Science & Technology having cross-sectoral linkages in which a number of institutions and departments have interest and capabilities.
- Undertaking or financially sponsoring scientific and technological surveys, research design and development, where necessary.
- Support and Grants-in-aid to Scientific Research Institutions, Scientific Associations and Bodies.
- Matters commonly affecting Scientific and technological departments/organisations/ institutions e.g. financial, personnel, purchase and import policies and practices.
- Management Information Systems for Science and Technology and coordination thereof.
- Matters regarding Inter-Agency/Inter-Departmental coordination for evolving science and technology missions.
- Matters concerning domestic technology particularly the promotion of ventures involving the commercialization of such technology other than those under the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research.
- All other measures needed for the promotion of science and technology and their application to the development and security of the nation.
- Matters relating to institutional Science and Technology capacity building including setting up of new institutions and institutional infrastructure.
- Promotion of Science and Technology at the State, District, and Village levels for grass- roots development through State Science and Technology Councils and other mechanisms.
- Application of Science and Technology for weaker sections, women and other disadvantaged sections of Society.
- Address India
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,162)
- Europe (833)
- United Kingdom (549)
- Germany (534)
- United States (477)
- Australia (240)
- Switzerland (237)
- Norway (224)
- Denmark (205)
- Netherlands (149)
- Italy (142)
- Sweden (139)
- France (104)
- Canada (96)
- Japan (83)
- Spain (82)
- All Country (69)
- Belgium (66)
- Finland (63)
- China (43)
- New Zealand (42)
- Austria (40)
- Singapore (39)
- Czech Republic (30)
- South Africa (29)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(111)
- JRF / SRF(5)
- Masters | PhD(45)
- Research Associate(342)
- Research Awards(301)
- Short cources(19)
- Short courses(34)
- Summer School(2)
- Technical positions(374)
- Travel Grants(59)