Government of India Scholarships Program for Diaspora Children: The Government of India is offering “Scholarship Programme for Diaspora Children” (SPDC) to pursue undergraduate (Bachelors) courses at Indian universities/institutes.
Under this SPDC scheme financial assistance is awarded for specific undergraduate courses in Professional & Non-Professional courses (except Medical and related courses) is provided towards tuition fee, admission fee & post admission services.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing Undergraduate courses in Indian Universities/Institutes.
SPDC is awarded to following four categories:
- Person of Indian Origin
- Non-Resident Indian
- Children of Indian Workers in ECR countries studying outside India
- Children of Indian Workers in ECR countries studying in India
Age: 17 to 21 years as on 1st October 2016.
Who can apply: Indian as well as well Non-Indian Residents (ECR countries are: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Indonesia, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Libya, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Thailand, Syria, United Arab Emirates and Yemen)
- Entrance Requirements: The candidate must have passed the Senior Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination from a system of education recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), with requisite subjects.
- English language proficiency
- The candidate must have secured a min. of 60% aggregate marks or equivalent grades in the aggregate of all the subjects in the qualifying examination.
How to Apply: Applications are to made at SPDC portal.
Application Deadline: 23rd September 2016.
|Organization||Scholarship Programme for Diaspora Children” (SPDC)|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open for all|
|Deadline||23rd September 2016|