Graduate School ‘Practices of Literature‘ at the Westfälische Wilhelms-University offers 2 DAAD scholarships, in association with the Graduate School Scholarship Programme (GSSP) of the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service)
- American/English/Postcolonial Studies
- Arabic/Islamic Studies
- Baltic Studies
- Book Studies
- German Studies
- Comparative Literature
- Latin Philology/Studies
- Dutch Studies
- Scandinavian Studies
- Romance Studies
- Slavonic Studies
- Literary studies
Starting date: October 1st, 2018
- The Graduate School offers the opportunity to complete PhD degree within three years and to prepare for an academic career in university or non-university professions.
- Each PhD scholar will be assigned to an individual, interdisciplinary support group consisting of three members.
Duration: funding up to 3 years or up to 4 years (for applicants coming from developing or emerging countries).
- Applicant must hold Master/Magister/Staatsexamen (minimum grade: “gut”/B) degree, in exceptional cases a Bachelor’s degree (minimum grade: “sehr gut”/A).
- Applicant must possess excellent command on German language, as the courses at the GS PoL are taught in German
- At the time of the application, the last final exam should have taken place during the past six years
- Applicant must not have stayed in Germany for more than 15 months
The application for a scholarship follows a three-step procedure:
- Submit an application to the GS PoL
- Personal interview and a final nomination to the DAAD
- Standard application procedure at the DAAD (an online application with supporting documentation via the DAAD online portal).
Format of the application
Applications to be submitted in written form (in English or German, preferably via e-mail in one PDF file) and must include the following:
- Letter of motivation explaining the application at the GS PoL
- CV (without photograph)
- Proof that the applicant has completed a qualifying course of studies – the degree awarded must at least be 2,0 (B) or better
- Proof of German language skills
- Project proposal (approx. 10 pages) describing aims and planned topics, relevance within literary scholarship and method of research, as well as a detailed work and time schedule and a bibliography.
- 2 letters of reference
|Organization||Graduate School Practices of Literature|
|Subject areas||Literary studies|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||30th November 2017|