Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology invites applications for 2 postdoctoral positions in the Department of Systemic Cell Biology under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Bastiaens. The main aim of the research is the development of a morphogenic membrane system that mimics a living state of matter.
About the positions:
- Position 1: Reconstitution of adaptive morphogenic membrane vesicles
- Position 2: Artificial transmembrane activators of signaling
- These positions will work as a team to integrate signal receiving and transducing as well as morphogenic modules in a reconstituted membrane system to generate an artificial “cell” that by recursive interaction with other artificial cells defines its identity.
- Applicants must be highly motivated, creative and independent
- Applicant must have an excellent academic track record
- Applicant must hold PhD in life sciences.
- Applicant must have some experience in protein biochemistry and/or biophysics and highly proficient in English (essential criteria).
Duration: initially limited until July, 31st 2020
Remunerations: as per public service remuneration scheme TVöD.
- Applications to be sent to the hands of the scientific coordinator of the department, Dr. Astrid Krämer, email: firstname.lastname@example.org as PDF file. Application must include:
- Cover letter
- Latest CV
- Copies of certificates
- 2 references
- Submit all documents in a single application.
|Organization||Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology|
|Subject areas||Structural and Cell Biology, Physiology, Chemistry|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
The Max Planck Institutes carry out basic research in the life sciences, natural sciences and the social and human sciences. It is thus almost impossible to allocate an individual institute to one single research field: conversely, it can be the case that different Max Planck Institutes carry out research in the same subject. To orientate yourself, please choose a research area first, and then a specific research field. The table will list all MPIs meeting your selection criteria.
Core Research Areas:
- Cultural Studies
- Ecology . Plant Research
- Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Developmental Biology
- Cognitive Science .
- Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Biology & Medicine
- Material & Technology
- Environment & Climate
- Address Germany