The Department of Cell and Molecular Biology (ICM) at Uppsala University invites application for up to 2 Postdoctoral Research Positions in Molecular Biology/Biophysics.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- to develop and apply novel single-molecule microscopy methods to study the regulation and function of nucleic-acid interacting proteins
- a stimulating research environment where a major focus is on the mechanisms of nucleic-acid interacting enzymes whose aberrant function is associated with severe diseases such as cancer
- combine high-resolution single-molecule investigations with biochemical experiments to study sequence-specific search kinetics in order to decipher the regulatory genetic codes
Duration: initially for 01 year; good possibilities for extension
- Applicant must have some experience in Molecular biology (projects related to understanding the dynamic regulation of DNA-interacting protein machines).
- Creative and self-motivated personality with interest in fundamental science
- Excellent problem solving skills; good team working skills
- PhD in relevant subject area and excellent communication skills in English
- Evident experience of solving complex scientific or technical problems in at least one of the related areas.
Application must include:
- Cover letter (max 1 page)
- CV including list of publications
- 3 references with Names, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers
- Other information
|Subject areas||Molecular Biology, Biophysics, Life Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||30 April 2017|