25 E Governance Digital India Fellowship Program: 25 E Governance Digital India Fellowship Program
The Indian Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology is inviting applications for E Governance Digital India Fellowship program.
These fellowships provide the opportunity to pursue research to applicants from all over the world.
The aim is to give importance to e Governance related research and studies across levels of policy and implementation through building the capacities of individuals.
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology is part of the Union Government of the Republic of India.
Level of Study: Research.
Subject Area: E Governance related research and studies
Scholarship Award Details: it will cover the following:
- Travel expenses, lodging and meals and participation fees for seminars;
- Travel expenses and the stipend for practice phase to cover accommodation/meals/etc.
Scholarship Duration: August 2018 to end October 2018
Numbers of Scholarships: 25
Scholarship can be taken in India
Eligibility Criteria: The Program is specifically designed for:
- Government officials, implementers and Individuals interested in research in various areas of e-governance from eligible central / state government / government academic institutions in India.
- Employee of central / state government/government academic institution
- Maximum age of 50
- Have at least 10 years of professional experience after completing studies in public administration/ academic work.
- Already have assumed academic/managerial responsibilities or are preparing for a position of leadership.
- Applicants must have post – graduate degree.
- The applicant must have a valid passport for 1 year (valid at least until June 2018)
- The applicant should have sound knowledge of national and international e-governance issues
- Have the ability and readiness to familiarise oneself with various different topics in a short period of time of e-governance Fellowship Program
- Have the ability and readiness to complete inter-disciplinary work in inter-departmental working groups
- Have proven ability and readiness to organize one’s own living arrangements in a new environment.
- Applicants must have a good command over English language
Nationality: Applicants from all over the world can apply
How to Apply: Application can be done online
- A detailed CV in English of maximum 2 pages. It should be submitted in pdf format.
- The CV should be uploaded using the template in English.
- The CV should include a description of the relevant professional experience to date and a summary of the educational and academic background. Such as:
- name of your home organization
- job title
- number of months/years spent in each position
- description of your duties and responsibilities
- Details of the work you have carried out, etc.
- 3 letters of recommendation would be required. One of the letters should be from current supervisor or senior associate at the workplace
- A Letter of consent from the employer in PDF format should be provided.
- The applicant should upload a signed and stamped letter of consent from the superior officer or an authorized representative (in cases where the superior officer has not been granted powers of procuration on behalf of the institution).
- The letter should state that the candidate will be approved for the necessary leave of absence for the full – time period of the Fellowship Program from beginning August, 2018 to end October, 2018 in case he/she is accepted for the Fellowship Program.
Application Deadline: September 15th 2017
|Organization||Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology|
|Subject Areas||E Governance related research and studies|
|Fellowship Amount||Not mentioned|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||15th September 2017|
Department of Science & Technology (DST) was established in May 1971, with the objective of promoting new areas of Science & Technology and to play the role of a nodal department for organising, coordinating and promoting S&T activities in the country. The Department has major responsibilities for specific projects and programmes as listed below:
- Formulation of policies relating to Science and Technology.
- Matters relating to the Scientific Advisory Committee of the Cabinet (SACC).
- Promotion of new areas of Science and Technology with special emphasis on emerging areas.
- Research and Development through its research institutions or laboratories for development of indigenous technologies concerning bio-fuel production, processing, standardization and applications, in co-ordination with the concerned Ministry or Department;
- Research and Development activities to promote utilization of by-products to development value added chemicals.
- Coordination and integration of areas of Science & Technology having cross-sectoral linkages in which a number of institutions and departments have interest and capabilities.
- Undertaking or financially sponsoring scientific and technological surveys, research design and development, where necessary.
- Support and Grants-in-aid to Scientific Research Institutions, Scientific Associations and Bodies.
- Matters commonly affecting Scientific and technological departments/organisations/ institutions e.g. financial, personnel, purchase and import policies and practices.
- Management Information Systems for Science and Technology and coordination thereof.
- Matters regarding Inter-Agency/Inter-Departmental coordination for evolving science and technology missions.
- Matters concerning domestic technology particularly the promotion of ventures involving the commercialization of such technology other than those under the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research.
- All other measures needed for the promotion of science and technology and their application to the development and security of the nation.
- Matters relating to institutional Science and Technology capacity building including setting up of new institutions and institutional infrastructure.
- Promotion of Science and Technology at the State, District, and Village levels for grass- roots development through State Science and Technology Councils and other mechanisms.
- Application of Science and Technology for weaker sections, women and other disadvantaged sections of Society.
- Address India
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,133)
- Europe (803)
- United Kingdom (539)
- Germany (512)
- United States (469)
- Australia (232)
- Switzerland (231)
- Norway (218)
- Denmark (198)
- Netherlands (145)
- Italy (138)
- Sweden (137)
- France (99)
- Canada (95)
- Japan (83)
- Spain (80)
- All Country (66)
- Belgium (66)
- Finland (63)
- China (42)
- New Zealand (42)
- Singapore (38)
- Austria (38)
- South Africa (29)
- Czech Republic (28)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(111)
- JRF / SRF(5)
- Masters | PhD(45)
- Research Associate(333)
- Research Awards(297)
- Short cources(18)
- Short courses(33)
- Technical positions(371)
- Travel Grants(59)