Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) invites applications for Specialist Grade-III (Microbiology) under Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
Number of Posts: 27
Salary: PB-3; Rs.15, 600-39,100 with Grade Pay Rs.6600/- plus N.P.A (Pre-revised).
- Applicant must not exceed 40 years of age on the normal closing date.
- Not exceeding 43 years for OBC candidates and 45 years for SC ST candidates
- Relaxable for Govt. servants by 5 years in accordance with instructions issued by the Central Govt.
- Applicant must hold recognized MBBS degree qualification included in the First Schedule or Second Schedule or part II of the Third Schedule (other than licentiate qualifications) to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 (102 of 1956). Holders of Educational qualifications included in the Part II of the Third Schedule should also fulfill the conditions specified in sub-section (3) of section (13) of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 (102 of 1956).
- Post-Graduate Degree in the concerned speciality or Super-Speciality mentioned in Section-‘A’ in Schedule-VI i.e. Doctor of Medicine (Bacteriology)or Doctor of Medicine (Microbiology)or Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery with Master of Science (Medical Bacteriology)/Master of Science (Medical Microbiology) or Doctor of Philosophy (Medical Bacteriology) or Master of Science (Medical Bacteriology) with Doctor of Science (Medical Bacteriology) or Master of Science (Medical Microbiology) with Doctor of Philosophy (Medical Microbiology) or Master of Science (Medical Microbiology) with Doctor of Science (Medical Microbiology).
- To conduct and guide research work in the speciality
- To render patient care in the speciality
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the authorities from time to time
Probation: 01 year
How to apply:
- Apply online
|Organization||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Fellowship amount||As per the rules|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||14 September 2017|
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is India’s central agency authorised to conduct the following examinations:
- Civil Services Examination,
- Engineering Services Examination,
- Combined Medical Services Examination,
- Combined Defence Services Examination,
- National Defence Academy Examination,
- Naval Academy Examination,
- Special Class Railway Apprentice,
- Indian Forest Service examination,
- Indian Economic Service examination,
- Indian Statistical Service examination,
- Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Examination, and
- Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandant) examination.
Main functions of the UPSC
- Conduct examinations for appointment to the services of the Union.
- Recruitment (Direct) by selection through interviews.
- Appointment of Department officers on promotion, deputation and through absorption.
- Framing and amendment of Recruitment Rules for various services and posts under the Government.
- Disciplinary cases relating to different Civil Services.
- On any matter referred to the UPSC, they can directly Advice the Government by the President of India.
- Address India
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,130)
- Europe (800)
- United Kingdom (538)
- Germany (509)
- United States (468)
- Australia (233)
- Switzerland (231)
- Norway (217)
- Denmark (198)
- Netherlands (145)
- Italy (139)
- Sweden (136)
- France (99)
- Canada (95)
- Japan (83)
- Spain (80)
- All Country (66)
- Belgium (66)
- Finland (63)
- China (42)
- New Zealand (42)
- Singapore (38)
- Austria (38)
- South Africa (29)
- Czech Republic (28)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(110)
- JRF / SRF(5)
- Masters | PhD(45)
- Research Associate(332)
- Research Awards(298)
- Short cources(18)
- Short courses(33)
- Technical positions(370)
- Travel Grants(59)