29 International PhD Fellowships: Sapienza University: 29 International PhD Fellowships at Sapienza University of Rome in Italy
Sapienza University of Rome is inviting applications for 29 full-time PhD Fellowships for 3 years reserved for foreign nationals for the academic year 2017-18.
Sapienza University a top performer in international university rankings is one of the oldest universities in the world.
Course Level: PhD program
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded for studying the following subjects:-
- Molecular Biology and Medicine
- Neuroscience Psychological Sciences
- Science and Technology of Computing and Communication
- Architectural Sciences
- Experimental and Clinical Medical Sciences
- Doctoral School “Vito Volterra” in Astronomical
- Chemical, Earth, Mathematical and Physical Sciences
- Civil Engineering and Architecture
- Mediatrends: History, Politics and Society, Sciences of Interpretation and Cultural Production (Writing Orality Visuality) and
- Science and Technology for the Industrial Innovation Technologies and
- Systems for Aeronautics, Electromagnetics, Electronics, Space and Remote Sensing
Scholarship Award: Each fellowship award consists of € 19.800,00 per year.
Note: The scholarship does not cover any possible annual entrance fee and does not increase for research periods that are spent abroad.
Number of Scholarships: 29
Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility: Applications should not be:
- Italian citizens hence International students can apply
- not lived in Italy or carried out their main activity in Italy for more than 6 months (also non-consecutive) during the 3 years preceding the expiration date of this Call
- Have obtained any academic qualification from a non-Italian institution which is equivalent to the Italian diploma di laurea/laurea specialistica/Laurea Magistrale, or expect to obtain it before 31 July 2017.
- A Masters Degree or equivalent obtained abroad.
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of the degree certificates and list of exams with marks
- Photocopy of the identity card or passport
- A report on any research carried out by the candidate
- list of publications
- 2 letters of recommendation from university professors or eminent researchers/experts of equivalent status
- Brief summary explaining his/her Doctoral School choice and scientific interests
- Documents must be written in English and uploaded in PDF format. No other format will be accepted.
- Each document should not be more than 5 MB (5120 KBytes).
|Fellowship Amount||€ 19.800,00 per year|
|Eligibility||Masters or equivalent|
|Deadline||2nd May 2017|
Italy: Sapienza University: Sapienza’s mission is to create a knowledge society by promoting research, education and international cooperation.
Sapienza University is one of the oldest universities in the world and a top performer in international university rankings. It was founded in 1303 by Pope Boniface VIII in Rome.
There are 115,000 students enrolled at Sapienza who can choose from over 250 degree programmes (Bachelors, Masters and PhDs) and 200 specialization courses, while the “Scuola Superiore di Studi Avanzati” runs honors programs and free tuition for its best students.
It has 11 Faculties, 63 Departments and various research centers. that drive high levels of excellence in archaeology, physics and astrophysics, as well as humanities and cultural heritage, environmental studies, nano technology, cellular and gene therapy, design and aerospace.
Sapienza is organised into 11 faculties, each of which oversees various departments.
The faculties are:-
- Civil and Industrial Engineering
- Information Engineering, Informatics, and Statistics
- Mathematics, Physics and Natural Sciences
- Medicine and Dentistry
- Medicine and Psychology
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Political Science, Sociology, and Communication Science
The various departments are:-
- Ancient World Studies
- Architecture and Design
- Art History and Performing Arts
- Astronautics, Electrical and Energetics Engineering
- Basic and Applied Sciences for Engineering
- Biochemical Sciences “Alessandro Rossi Fanelli”
- Biology and Biotechnology “Charles Darwin”
- Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Nephrologic and Geriatric Sciences
- Cellular Biotechnology and Hematology
- Chemical Materials, Environmental Engineering
- Chemistry and Technology of Drugs
- Civil, Building and Environmental Engineering
- Classic and Modern Studies
- Clinical and Molecular Medicine
- Clinical Medicine
- Communication and Social Research
- Computer, Control and Management Engineering
- Computer Science
- PDTA – Design and Architectural, Territorial, Environmental Technologies
- Document Studies, Linguistics and Geography
- Dynamic and Clinical Psychology
- Earth Sciences
- Economics and Law
- Environmental Biology
- European, American and Intercultural Studies
- Experimental Medicine
- General Surgery, Surgical Specialities and Organ Ransplantation “Paride Stefanini”.
- Gynecology-Obstetrics & Urology
- History, Cultures, Religions
- History, Representation and Restoration of Architecture
- Information Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunications
- Italian Institute of Oriental Studies
- Law and Economics of Productive Activities
- Law, Philosophy and Economic Studies
- Legal Studies
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Medico-Surgical Sciences and Biotechnologies
- Methods and Models for Economics, Territory and Finance
- Molecular Medicine
- Neurology and Psychiatry
- Neurosciences, Mental Health and Sensory Organs
- Oral and Maxillo-Facial Sciences
- Pediatrics and Pediatric Neuropsychiatry
- Physiology and Pharmacology “Vittorio Erspamer”
- Planning, Design and Technology of Architecture
- Political Science
- Public Health and Infectious Diseases
- Radiological Sciences, Oncology and Anatomical Pathology
- Sense Organs
- Social and Developmental Psychology
- Social Sciences
- Statistical Sciences
- Structural and Geotechnical Engineering
- Surgery ” Pietro Valdoni”
- Surgical and Medical Sciences and Translational Medicine
- Surgical Sciences
- Address Italy
PhD All Country, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Open for all countries, Poland, Portugal, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States