The Department of Public Law, Jurisprudence and Legal History at Tilburg University invites applications for 3 Doctoral Researcher Positions in Legal History: Collateral rights and Bankruptcy in Early Modern Amsterdam, Frankfurt and Lyon
About the project:
- The project focuses on analyzing local and regional legal scholarship of the early modern period (c 1500 – c 1800), concerning the theme of collateral rights (securities) and bankruptcy.
- PhD researchers will analyze the municipal law and legal practices of three cities of commerce in the early modern period, as well as doctrinal texts commenting on the municipal law of these cities.
- The first position is concerned with Amsterdam, the second one with Frankfurt, and the third one with Lyon.
- The selected candidates are expected to contribute to the CLLS-project’s research, its publications as well as its activities.
Duration: full-time (48 months)
- gross salary for researchers is between € 2588,00 and € 4084,00 per month (for a full-time appointment)
Starting date: January 1st, 2018 and will end on December 31st, 2021
- Applicant must be from law and/or history background and must have written one or more papers on an institutional-historical or legal-historical topic.
- Applicant must demonstrate their interest in history and research methods (qualitative and⁄or quantitative).
- Applicants having knowledge with archival research would be plus.
- Applicants are expected to combine good research skills with excellent networking and communicative skills and to have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Applicant must possess high proficiency in English (both written and spoken).
- Apply online and the application must include:
- Motivation letter
Note: Interviews will take place in two rounds. The first round is planned on 13 September 2017 and the second round is planned on 20 September 2017.
|Fellowship amount||€ 2588,00-€ 4084,00 per month|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||1 September 2017|
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,090)
- Europe (779)
- United Kingdom (508)
- Germany (483)
- United States (444)
- Norway (233)
- Switzerland (226)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (155)
- Italy (142)
- Canada (95)
- France (93)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (62)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships