3 PhD Positions: Uppsala University Sweden: 3 PhD positions in History of science and Ideas at Uppsala University
Uppsala University is an international research university. It is inviting applications for PhD positions in history of science and ideas. It is focused on the development of science and education. Uppsala University is one of Sweden’s most exciting work places. Uppsala University has 40,000 students, 7,000 employees and a turnover of SEK 6.5 billion. Uppsala University welcomes applications from all sections of the community and from people of all backgrounds.
- Master’s degree in Humanities or Social Sciences relevant to research in history of Science.
- Swedish reading and listening comprehension is expected within two years.
About the Position:
- Number of positions: 3
- The position is a 4-year full-time employment
- The position would include teaching and other assignments up to 20% of the full-time position (extending the position proportionally).
- The candidates are expected to participate actively in departmental activities such as seminars, workshops, etc.
- The starting salary would be 25600SEK/month
Application Process: The application can be written in English or Swedish and should include:
1) A brief CV, outlining the academic progress till date
2) A copy of the MA thesis
3) A statement (of not more than 1200 words) outlining the proposed research. This outline should describe why the applicant wants to do a PhD, a research question that he/she finds interesting and a discussion of how this is related to the current state of research. The outline should also have a short discussion of possible sources for answering the question and methodological considerations regarding the potential of these sources,
4) An authorized copy of the Master’s degree and course grades,
5) name and e-mail addresses of at least two referees.
Starting date: September 1 2017, or soon thereafter.Applications will not be returned under any circumstances.
Head of Department,
Director of PhD studies,
tel. +46-18-4717287, e-mail: Thomas.Karlsohn@idehist.uu.se.
Deadline for submitting the application is May 31, 2017
Reference number: UFV-PA 2017/644.
|Subject Areas||History of Science and Ideas|
|Deadline||31st May 2017|
- Bachelor in Physics
- Bachelor in Molecular biology
- Master of science in Electrical Engineering
- Master of Science program in Energy
- Science program in Information Technology
- Master of Science in Chemical Engineering
- Science program in Aquatic and Environmental Engineering
- Science program in Molecular Biotechnology
- Master of Science in System Engineering and Society
- Science program in Engineering Physics
- Science program in Materials Engineering
- Physics and Mathematics
- Early Childhood Masters
- Bachelors program in Earth science
- Bachelor of arts in Archeology and Ancient history
- Bachelor program in Peace and Development Studies
- Bachelor program in Computer science
- Specialist Nursing
- Master of Chemistry
- Masters in ABM (ABM is an abbreviation for archives, libraries and museums)
- Masters in humanities
- Master in Educational Science
- Masters in religion
- MSc in Accounting and Finance
- Masters in German Studies
- Masters in Social sciences
- Address Sweden