40 Fully Funded International PhD Scholarships: 40 Fully-Funded International PhD Scholarships at University of Sydney
40 new fully-funded PhD scholarships for 2017 intake are being offered by the University of Sydney. If English is not the first language the students may need to provide evidence of their English proficiency to be able to study here.
Aim of the scholarship: The aim of the scholarship is to help the world’s best students to fulfill their potential.
Nationality: International Students can apply for the scholarship
Level of Study: Scholarships would be provided for pursuing PhD program.
Subject of Study: Scholarships are being awarded to study the subjects offered by the University.
Scholarship Award: The new international student scholarships would include:
- Full coverage of tuition fees for the postgraduate research degree
- A stipend of $26,682 per annum to assist students with their living costs while undertaking their degree
- To assist students with ancillary costs of their degree, including relocation costs to Sydney, academic publication costs and overseas student health cover costs, they may be provided with an allowance.
Number of Scholarships: 40 scholarships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: To be eligible for the RTP Fee Scholarship/USydIS, the student must:
- Be an international student starting full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at the University of Sydney.
- Students may also be considered up until they have consumed a maximum of six months of course candidature.
- Be a student undertaking study in a subject being offered by the University
- Not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or if undertaking a Research Master’s degree, not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Master’s degree.
- Not have held an Australia Award scholarship within two years prior to starting the RTP Fee Scholarship.
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution.
- The applicant must not have previously received an RTP Fee Scholarship. But if the previous scholarship was for a Master by Research degree that one has completed, he/she can apply for a doctorate research degree.
- Students may only be considered for the RTP scholarships 3 times in a 5 year period.
- Eligibility for admission is dependent on prior research experience.
- The applicant needs to have undertaken a significant research project or thesis either as part of an honors year or as an assessable component of a master’s by coursework degree.
- The applicant should also visit ‘Find a course’ to check if the degree has any specific entry requirements.
How to Apply:
- The application can be done online.
- The application will be assessed on academic merit and research potential.
|Organization||University of Sydney|
|Subject Areas||Subjects offered by the University|
|Fellowship Amount||Fully funded|
|Eligibility||As mentioned above|
University of Sydney (Australia)
- Address Australia
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,106)
- Europe (827)
- United Kingdom (548)
- Germany (513)
- United States (477)
- Norway (247)
- Switzerland (240)
- Australia (234)
- Denmark (198)
- Sweden (193)
- Netherlands (173)
- Italy (142)
- France (103)
- Canada (98)
- Spain (95)
- Japan (83)
- Belgium (76)
- All Country (68)
- Finland (68)
- New Zealand (45)
- Austria (42)
- China (42)
- Singapore (40)
- Poland (37)
- South Africa (30)
Type of Scholarships
- Doctoral Positions(1748)
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(118)
- JRF / SRF(4)
- Masters | PhD(56)
- Research Associate(330)
- Research Awards(294)
- Short cources(18)
- Short courses(35)
- Technical positions(361)
- Travel Grants(60)