The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) are invites applications to participate in the third AAAS-TWAS Course on Science and Diplomacy.
Duration: 21 to 25 August 2017
Location: Trieste, Italy
Funding: Travel, accommodation and visa expenses will be provided to the selected participants.
- Applicants from all developing countries are eligible to apply.
- Applicant must not exceed age of 40.
- A limited number of spaces for self-funded candidates from any country will also be available.
- Women are especially encouraged to apply.
About the course:
- The course will expose participants to key contemporary international policy issues relating to science, technology, environment and health, while providing an overview of how technical information has contributed to different policy developments and international structures, both physical and political.
- Another focus of the course will be to gain a better understanding of, and appreciation for, the roles that government, international organizations and the private sector play in complex science-based issues, and how different governance structures are developed to address the needs and involvement of these different stakeholders.
- The course is designed for young scientists whose research and wider engagement has brought them into the international policy-making arena, policymakers interested in some of the central science-based themes that might influence their work, research institution administrators, and research funders focused on identifying ways to build international networks.
- Apply online
- An expert committee will be established by TWAS and AAAS to review the applications received.
|Organization||The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS)|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||Travel, accommodation and visa expenses|
|Eligibility||Open to developing countries|
|Deadline||30 April 2017|