American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship: American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
High-achieving international students who want to study a Bachelor’s Degree in the United States and who are committed to positive civic and social change are target group for The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship.
It is for students who plan to return to their home country in order to improve under-resourced, underserved communities.
Course starts: August 2018
Host Institution: American University, Washington DC, USA
Level of study: Bachelors Degree
Subject areas: Subjects offered at the University
Number of Scholarships: one scholarship is available
Nationality: Open for students from any country.
The applicant should not be:
- US. citizens
- US. permanent residents or
- dual citizens of the U.S. and another country
Scholarship Value: The scholarship covers:
- all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room and board)
It does not cover non-billable expenses such as:
- mandatory health insurance
- airline tickets and
- miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S. $4,000).
It is renewable scholarship. It is renewable for a total of 4 years of undergraduate study. The renewability will be based on continued satisfactory academic performance by the candidate.
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges will be preferred.
- The applicants from diverse and underrepresented global and socio economic backgrounds would also be preferred.
- The applicant must have a minimum of 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- The applicant must show/ demonstrate commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in his/her home country.
- A minimum score of 95 TOEFL iBT, 7.0 IELTS or 600 paper-based TOEFL should be there
- The candidate is not eligible to apply if:
- He/she is a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another country
- The applicant is enrolled in or has already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in his/her home country or the United States
How to apply: The application along with the supporting documents should be submitted online.
Application Deadline: 15 December 2017 or by 15 January 2018, at the latest.
|Subject Areas||Subjects offered by the University|
|Fellowship Amount||Fully funded|
|Deadline||15th December 2017/ 15th January 2018|
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,092)
- Europe (781)
- United Kingdom (508)
- Germany (484)
- United States (444)
- Norway (234)
- Switzerland (226)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (156)
- Italy (142)
- Canada (95)
- France (94)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (63)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships