Associate Director – Center for Quantum Nanoscience – Associate Director of “Center for Quantum Nanoscience” at Institute for Basic Science (IBS): Seoul, Korea,South
The Institute for Basic Science (IBS) supports basic research within the entire range of natural sciences including mathematics, earth science, physics, biology, chemistry, and astronomy. IBS invites applicants for the positions of Associate Director who are senior-level researchers with high research potentials, and can run his/her own research group in tandem with the directors within their Research Centers.
The Center for Quantum Nanoscience (QNS) aims to investigate quantum effects in solid-state systems with a focus on basic scientific research.
- Experimentalist: The position is for experimental research with physical and chemical methods. The Candidates should have experience in study of atomically controlled quantum systems at surfaces and interfaces, including their creation and characterization.
Candidates should have demonstrated expertise in:
- Modeling and electronic structure calculations of quantum spins on surfaces.
- Point defects in planar materials with a focus on the derivation of spin Hamiltonians from first-principles calculations.
- Calculation of quantum transport at the nano scale
- Record of successful collaborations with experimental groups in the area of quantum control at the atomic scale.
A. Full-time commitment to research in Korea.
B. Long-term record of internationally visible scientific projects,
C. High-visibility publications and invited talks at international conferences.
D. Experience with management of a research team, including postdoctoral researchers and students as well as collaboration with external research groups.
E. Experience with management of large-scale international funding framework
G. Evidence of leadership, such as:
- organization of international topical workshops,
- membership of Board of Editors in reputable journals,
- boards of directors of scientific associations and similar activities
The position can be tenured or permanent.
A. Recruitment through public advertisement
B. Selection for in-depth evaluation
C. Interview by review panel
D. Negotiation with director
F. Appointment by the president
- The ‘Application Form’ should be emailed as a single PDF file firstname.lastname@example.org
- E-mail title should include ‘Name of Applicant’ and ‘Name of the Research Center’
|Organization||IBS, Institute for Basic Science|
|Fellowship Level||Associate Director|
|Subject Areas||Quantum Nanoscience|
|Deadline||March 21, 2017|
Institute for Basic Science (IBS): IBS is a national research institute established to conduct cutting-edge research in science and technology. It plans to establish fifty research centers.
At present, 28 research centers are located at IBS HQ in Daejeon and relevant universities situated in Daegu, Seoul, Suwon, Ulsan, Pohang, Busan & Gwangju. IBS research centers are divided into three different categories: HQ, Campus and Extramural. Campus research centers are located in science and technology specialised universities, and extramural research centers are located in non-specialized universities.
- Research Outcomes
- Center for Geometry and Physics
- Center for Correlated Electron Systems
- Center for Integrated Nanostructure Physics
- Center for Artificial Low Dimensional Electronic Systems
- Center for Underground Physics
- Center for Relativistic Laser Science
- Center for Axion and Precision Physics Research
- Center for Theoretical Physics of the Universe
- Center for Theoretical Physics of Complex Systems
- Center for Quantum Nanoscience
- Center for Nanomaterials and Chemical Reactions
- Center for Self-assembly and Complexity
- Center for Nanoparticle Research
- Center for Catalytic Hydrocarbon Functionalizations
- Center for Multidimensional Carbon Materials
- Center for Molecular Spectroscopy and Dynamics
- Life Sciences
- Center for Synaptic Brain Dysfunctions
- Academy of Immunology and Microbiology
- Center for RNA Research
- Center for Cognition and Sociality
- Center for Plant Aging Research
- Center for Neuroscience Imaging Research
- Center for Genomic Integrity
- Center for Vascular Research
- Earth Science
- Center for Climate Physics
- Center for Soft and Living Matter
- Center for Genome Engineering
- Center for Nanomedicine
- Address Korea, South