ICFO invites well-qualified, highly motivated and dynamic young scientist for a scientific career in the field of atomic quantum optics. The successful candidate is expected to lead a small team using cold atomic ensembles for quantum-enhanced sensing, quantum control, and related topics. The research will take place in the atomic quantum optics group & will be led by Prof. Morgan Mitchell. The research is supported by a European Research Council Starting grant.
Atomic physics, quantum optics.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- The applicant should have an internationally-recognized Ph.D. (or evidence of its completion.) in atomic physics, quantum optics, or related fields.
- The applicant must have proven experimental research ability, & the desire to lead a small group of PhD students in a highly cooperative experimental context.
A formal application must be submitted online via http://jobs.icfo.eu.
The applicants are requested to submit:
- A letter holding a declaration of interest.
- CV, with full address, a contact phone number & e-mail address
- The contact e-mail of 2 potential references.
For informal enquiries the applicant can contact email@example.com
Other Important Information:
No restrictions of citizenship or gender apply to the ICFO post-doctoral contracts.
Initially the contract is for a period of 1 year, renewable for a total of up to 3 years.
|Subject areas||Atomic physics, quantum optics|
|Fellowship amount||Salary dependent on qualifications.|
|Deadline||Until positions are filled|
Apply for job
The Institute carries out frontier research and trains the next generation of scientists and technologists. ICFO actively collaborates with many leading research centers, universities, hospitals, and a range of private companies based locally and all over the world. ICFO currently hosts 20 research groups working in more than 50 different laboratories.
Available to them are a Nanophotonics Fabrication lab, Super-Resolution Light Microscopy & Nanoscopy Lab, an Advanced Engineering Lab and a range of other support facilities. All research groups and facilities are located in a dedicated 10.000 m2 -building situated in the Mediterranean Technology Park in the metropolitan area of Barcelona.
- Address Spain