The Building Energy Efficiency Higher & Advanced Network (BHAVAN) Fellowships have been initiated by DST (Govt. of India) and the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) to develop a dynamic visitation program between Indian and US institutions and premier US Universities.
About the BHAVAN Program:
- provide opportunity to best and exceptional Indian students and scientists to gain exposure and access to world class research facilities in US academia and labs;
- promote research and capacity building in the frontline area of Building Energy Efficiency;
- encourage and motivate outstanding students to take up research as a career path; and
- Pave way for the next generation scientists and technologists from India to interact with American peers, thus helping to build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations.
Fellowship /Internship value:
- Monthly Stipend
- Return Air fare
- Contingency Allowance
- Health Insurance
Internship: Minimum 3 months and up to 6 months
Fellowships: Minimum 3 months and up to 12 months
- The applicant must have a letter of acceptance from a reputed U.S. scientific/technological institution/laboratory where he/she would pursue the research work under the Fellowship/Internship.
For Student Internships
- Applicant must be Indian national currently pursuing a Doctoral or Tech/ M.Arch. in the field of Building Energy Efficiency or in engineering, science, technology or architecture with a major area of research related to Building Energy Efficiency at a recognized institution of higher education and learning in India.
- Applicants age limit is up to 32 years as on 31 December 2017
- Note: Only M.Tech/ M.Arch students passing out on or after April 2019 are eligible to apply for the internship.
- Applicant must be Indian nationals
- Applicant must hold Ph.D./M.Tech./M.Arch. degree in Science, Engineering, Technology or Architecture in the specific area of Building Energy Efficiency.
- Relaxation in qualifications could be made for individuals with proven and considerable research background and experience who are part of a recognized institution of higher education and learning in India.
- Applicants must be pursuing independent research on extra-mural / industry-supported research projects and should have published in high-impact academic journals.
- Applicant’s age limit is upto 40 years as on 31 December 2017.
- The applicant must be associated with a public funded Research & Development Lab/S&T Institution (non-private)/ recognized Universities/Colleges in India.
How to apply:
- Applications to be submitted Online via the Application Portal for Visitation Programs.
|Organization||Indo-US Science and Technology Forum|
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Subject areas||Science, Engineering, Technology or Architecture|
|Fellowship amount||Monthly stipend|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||31 August 2017|
The Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF), established under an agreement between the Governments of India and the United States of America in March 2000, is an autonomous, not for profit society that promotes and catalyzes Indo-US bilateral collaborations in science, technology, engineering and biomedical research through substantive interaction among government, academia and industry. As a grant making organization, the principle objective of IUSSTF is to provide opportunities, to exchange ideas, information, skills and technologies, and to collaborate on scientific and technological endeavor of mutual interest that can translate the power of science for the benefit of mankind at large.
- Address United States