The Centre for Arts Doctoral Research Excellence (CADRE) at University of Warwick is offering 13 fully-funded 3.5 year PhD scholarships for Europian Union students, begining in the academic year 2017-18.
CADRE scholars are offered the opportunity to advance an innovative approach to interdisciplinary research and tackle societal challenges from a humanities perspective.
What CADRE offers
- A rich community of peer learning during Arts PGR Development Exchange
- World leading interdisciplinary supervision
- The possibility to participate in annual Arts Postgraduate Research Festival
- A range of workshops and seminars hosted by departments among the Faculty
Applicants can apply under the faculty includes following departments, but would also welcome proposals that take interdisciplinary approach:
- Classics and Ancient History
- Film and Television Studies
- English and Comparative Literary Studies
- French Studies
- Hispanic Studies
- German Studies
- Centre for Cultural Policy Studies
- History of Art
- Centre for the Study of the Renaissance
- Theatre Studies
How to Apply
Applicants should initially apply through the University’s online application system to department of their choice, giving full details of their research proposal and which member(s) of staff they want to have as supervisor(s). It is important to communicate the staff concerned to secure their agreement in advance.
The scholarship applications are rated based on the applicants existing academic record, quality of the proposal and institutional provision to support it, and other academic achievements, such as grants and publications.
The closing date for the application is 23:59pm (GMT) on Wednesday 18th January 2017
All supporting documents (references and transcripts) must be uploaded by Wednesday 1st February 2017 at the latest.
|Organization||University of Warwick|
|Deadline||2nd February 2018.|
For further details: CLICK