Catalan Institute for Water Research (ICRA) invites application for one PhD position within the framework of a recently awarded ERC Starting Grant ELECTRON4WATER (Grant Agreement Number: 714177) -Three-dimensional nanoelectrochemical systems based on low-cost reduced graphene oxide: the next generation of water treatment systems.
The project is focused on the development of novel, energy-efficient electrochemical reactors equipped with low-cost nanostructured electrode materials for the treatment of contaminated water. The nanoelectrolytic reactors would be tailored & optimized for the removal of persistent & toxic contaminants from water. The ultimate goal is to obtain a low-cost system that is energy efficient & well suited for decentralized water & wastewater treatment, & safe reuse of alternative water resources.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Eligibility Criterion is as follows:
- Master Degree or equivalent in chemistry.
- Excellent English and basic knowledge of Spanish.
- Past experience in experimental research-like activities (e.g. demonstrated in the form of master thesis work) in the field of (waste) water treatment, advanced oxidation processes, electrochemistry, & analysis of organic & inorganic contaminants in water including GC- and LC-MS would be an advantage.
- The candidate should have a degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemical engineering, Chemistry, or a related degrees with a good track record. Also, a MSc in Water treatment/technologies, Chemistry or related areas is required. The candidates will enrol to the PhD program offered by the University of Girona.
- Applicant should have a strong interest in water & wastewater treatment, & interdisciplinary research including environmental electrochemistry, nanotechnology & fate of organic & inorganic contaminants in engineered treatment systems.
Following documents to be submitted:
- Motivation letter. Particular emphasis would be placed on the applicant’s written motivation, describing why you are interested in the field/project described & what make you a suitable applicant for this position & project. The selection would be based on the capacity of the applicants to benefit from the training, their ability to collaborate, as well as their creativity, initiative, & independence.
- CV including work placements, academic education including grades and a short guide to the local grading system, if the applicant is from outside of Spain, & any other aspects considered relevant.
- List of academic publications if any.
- Contact details of 3 professional referees that can be contacted if the candidate is invited to attend an interview.
Note: Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ref. ‘PhD_E4H2O’ in the subject of the email.
|Organization||Catalan Institute for Water Research|
|Gross Salary||15.000 €|