The CIMO Fellowships program is open to young PhD level students and researchers from all countries and from all academic fields. The main target group in the CIMO Fellowship program is such PhD level students who will be pursuing their Doctorate (or Double Doctorate) at a Finnish university.
Visiting PhD level students and researchers who are pursuing their degree at some overseas university can also be considered for the fellowship, provided that the motivation letter of the hosting Finnish university department presents exceptionally good grounds for such an application.
Nationality: This program is open for all overseas researchers. But emphasis is given to applicants from Russia, China, India, Chile, Brazil and North America.
Duration: 3 to 12 months.
Scholarship value: 1500 euros/month.
- Fellowship is a start-up grant rather than a full degree scholarship.
- Applicant must not be residing in Finland for more than one (1) year prior to submitting a CIMO Fellowship application.
How to apply
- The important requisite for applying is that the visiting researcher must have established contacts with a Finnish host university
- The application form for the Fellowship may be downloaded below.
- With application form, following documents must be attached:
- motivation letter from the applicant (the hosting university)—not more than 1 page
- Research plan—3 to 5 pages
- Two printed and signed copies of the application with required attachments must be submitted to the following address: CIMO, PO Box 343, 00531 Helsinki. Please cite the envelope with “CIMO Fellowships”.
When to apply
- There are no annual application deadlines in the CIMO Fellowship program.
- Applications must be submitted at least 5 months before the intended scholarship period.
|Organization||Centre for International Mobility (CIMO)|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||1500 euros/month|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||Application must be submitted 5 months prior. (may be applied any time of the year)|
For Further Details: Click