International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) offers funding opportunities are now open through the Collaborative Research Programme (CRP). CRP-ICGEB Research Grants, dedicated source of funding at financing projects addressing original scientific problems of particular relevance for the host country and of regional interest.
- Basic Science
- Human Healthcare
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Agricultural Biotechnology
Number of grants available: 3 Standard Research Grant; up to 2 Early Career Return Grants
Standard Research Grants
- Applicants for research grant proposals (identified as “CRPs”) must hold positions at Universities or Research Institutes in any of the ICGEB Member States
- Active collaboration with ICGEB Research Groups is welcome but is not compulsory.
- Particular attention will be given to projects addressing issues of interest for specific geographic regions and presented by groups collaborating across more than one country.
Early Career Return Grants
- A special category of CRP-ICGEB Early Career Return Grants is intended to fund young researchers with an outstanding track record, who have spent a minimum of 2 years abroad and have recently returned to an ICGEB Member State to establish their own independent laboratories.
- Applicants for Early Career Return Grants must not exceed 40 years of age at the time of application.
- Applicants must be returned to an ICGEB Member State (except Italy) no more than 2 years prior to submitting the application.
Grant value: The maximum annual contribution from ICGEB is Euro 25,000; funds may be used for expenditures that are directly relevant to the project (include purchasing consumable items, scientific literature and basic standard laboratory equipment, travel and training costs can also be covered)
Duration: maximum 36 months
|Organization||International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology|
|Fellowship Level||Research grants|
Biotechnology, Basic Science, Human Healthcare, Industrial Biotechnology, Agricultural Biotechnology, Bioenergy
|Fellowship amount||Euro 25,000|
|Eligibility||ICGEB Member States|
|Deadline||30 April 2017|
1. The Arturo Falaschi ICGEB Fellowship Programmes2. PhD fellowships 3. Postdoctoral fellowships Research Groups BACTERIOLOGY Vittorio Venturi BIOTECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT Marco Baralle BIOSAFETY Wendy Craig CARDIOVASCULAR BIOLOGY Serena Zacchigna (on Sp.L) CELLULAR IMMUNOLOGY Federica Benvenuti HUMAN MOLECULAR GENETICS Franco Pagani INDUSTRIAL BIOTECHNOLOGY Giuliano Degrassi MOLECULAR CARDIOLOGY Francesco Loffredo MOLECULAR HEMATOLOGY Dimitar Efremov MOLECULAR IMMUNOLOGY Oscar Burrone MOLECULAR MEDICINE Mauro Giacca MOLECULAR PATHOLOGY Emanuele Buratti MOLECULAR VIROLOGY Alessandro Marcello MOUSE MOLECULAR GENETICS Andrés F. Muro NEUROBIOLOGY Fabian Feiguin PROTEIN NETWORKS Michael P. Myers RNA BIOLOGY Francisco E. Baralle TUMOUR VIROLOGY Lawrence Banks
- Address India