DAAD: Helmut-Schmidt-Program Masters Scholarships: DAAD Masters Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance
The German institutions of higher education are offering DAAD: Helmut-Schmidt-Program Masters Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance Program.
This program provides outstanding graduates from developing countries the chance to obtain a Master’s degree in disciplines that are relevant for the social, political and economic development of their home country.
Level of Study: Masters degree
Field of Study: Public Policy and Good Governance
Course starts: September/October 2018
Study in: Germany
The selected Master courses at German institutions of higher education are listed below:
- University of Potsdam: Master of Public Management (MPM)
- University of Osnabrück: Master of Democratic Governance and Civil Society
- University of Duisburg-Essen: MA Development and Governance
- Hertie School of Governance, Berlin: Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- University of Passau: Master of Governance and Public Policy
- Leuphana University of Lüneburg: Public Economics, Law and Politics (PELP)
- Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt: Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- Hochschule Osnabrück: Management in Non-Profit Organizations
Note: The courses have an international orientation and are taught in German and/or English.
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Nationality: The scholarship is open to applicants from
- Latin America
- North/Central America
- South Asia
- Southeast Asia and
- Countries in the Middle East
- list of eligible countries.
- Applicants holding DAAD scholarship within the Helmut-Schmidt-Program would be exempted from tuition fees.
- DAAD would pay monthly scholarship at the rate of currently 750 €.
- The scholarship also covers:
- health insurance in Germany
- appropriate travel allowance
- a study and research subsidy as well as
- rent subsidies and/or allowances for spouses and/or children wherever applicable
- Prior to commencement of the study programs, all scholarship holders would receive a 6- months-German language course.
- The eligible applicants should be outstanding graduates with a first university degree (Bachelor or equivalent) who in the future want to actively contribute to the social and economic development of their home countries.
- The scholarship is being offered to both mid-career professionals and young graduates without professional experience.
- The main DAAD criteria for selection are:
- The study results,
- Knowledge of English (and German)
- Political and social engagement,
- A convincing description of the subject-related and
- Personal motivation for the study project in Germany and
- The expected benefit after they return to their home country
- The latest university degree should have been obtained during the 6 years prior to the application for the scholarship.
- Applicants cannot be considered if they have stayed in Germany for more than 15 months at the time of application.
Imp note: All Master courses have further additional requirements that must be fulfilled by the applicants at any case.
- The applicant must submit the application for the selected master`s course and for the DAAD scholarship to the respective universities only and not to DAAD.
- While applying the applicant must clearly indicate that he/she is applying for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Program (Master’s scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance).
- The application period at all 8 universities would last from 1st June – 31st July 2017.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2017(annual)
|Fellowship Level||Masters Degree Program|
|Subject Areas||Public Policy and Good Governance|
|Fellowship Amount||Full tuition fees|
|Eligibility||As listed above|
|Deadline||31st July 2017|
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,094)
- Europe (784)
- United Kingdom (509)
- Germany (486)
- United States (445)
- Norway (234)
- Switzerland (227)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (157)
- Italy (143)
- Canada (95)
- France (94)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (63)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships