DAAD: Helmut-Schmidt-Program Masters Scholarships: DAAD Masters Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance
The German institutions of higher education are offering DAAD: Helmut-Schmidt-Program Masters Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance Program.
This program provides outstanding graduates from developing countries the chance to obtain a Master’s degree in disciplines that are relevant for the social, political and economic development of their home country.
Level of Study: Masters degree
Field of Study: Public Policy and Good Governance
Course starts: September/October 2018
Study in: Germany
The selected Master courses at German institutions of higher education are listed below:
- University of Potsdam: Master of Public Management (MPM)
- University of Osnabrück: Master of Democratic Governance and Civil Society
- University of Duisburg-Essen: MA Development and Governance
- Hertie School of Governance, Berlin: Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- University of Passau: Master of Governance and Public Policy
- Leuphana University of Lüneburg: Public Economics, Law and Politics (PELP)
- Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt: Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- Hochschule Osnabrück: Management in Non-Profit Organizations
Note: The courses have an international orientation and are taught in German and/or English.
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Nationality: The scholarship is open to applicants from
- Latin America
- North/Central America
- South Asia
- Southeast Asia and
- Countries in the Middle East
- list of eligible countries.
- Applicants holding DAAD scholarship within the Helmut-Schmidt-Program would be exempted from tuition fees.
- DAAD would pay monthly scholarship at the rate of currently 750 €.
- The scholarship also covers:
- health insurance in Germany
- appropriate travel allowance
- a study and research subsidy as well as
- rent subsidies and/or allowances for spouses and/or children wherever applicable
- Prior to commencement of the study programs, all scholarship holders would receive a 6- months-German language course.
- The eligible applicants should be outstanding graduates with a first university degree (Bachelor or equivalent) who in the future want to actively contribute to the social and economic development of their home countries.
- The scholarship is being offered to both mid-career professionals and young graduates without professional experience.
- The main DAAD criteria for selection are:
- The study results,
- Knowledge of English (and German)
- Political and social engagement,
- A convincing description of the subject-related and
- Personal motivation for the study project in Germany and
- The expected benefit after they return to their home country
- The latest university degree should have been obtained during the 6 years prior to the application for the scholarship.
- Applicants cannot be considered if they have stayed in Germany for more than 15 months at the time of application.
Imp note: All Master courses have further additional requirements that must be fulfilled by the applicants at any case.
- The applicant must submit the application for the selected master`s course and for the DAAD scholarship to the respective universities only and not to DAAD.
- While applying the applicant must clearly indicate that he/she is applying for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Program (Master’s scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance).
- The application period at all 8 universities would last from 1st June – 31st July 2017.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2017(annual)
|Fellowship Level||Masters Degree Program|
|Subject Areas||Public Policy and Good Governance|
|Fellowship Amount||Full tuition fees|
|Eligibility||As listed above|
|Deadline||31st July 2017|
Masters All Country, Australia, Austria, California, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Norway, Open for all countries, Spain, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States