Biotech Consortium India Limited (BCIL), DBT (Ministry of Science & Technology), Govt. of India announces the DBT – Biotech Industrial Training Programme (BITP) for the year 2017-18. DST invites applications from the biotech students and requisitions from the biotech companies.
About the programme:
- The aim of BITP is to provide an opportunity to biotech students to acquire practical skills and experience working on projects alongside industry experts as well as to provide an opportunity for the industry to identify potential employees.
Duration: 6 months
Stipend: Rs.10,000/- per month to trainees and bench fee to companies
- Applicant must be a Biotech student interested in training in biotech companies.
- Applicant must hold B.E /B.Tech /M.Sc /M.Tech /M.V.Sc./MBA in Biotechnology from Indian recognized universities with minimum 50% marks or equivalent grade completed in the year 2016 or 2017.
- Applicants will be selected based on online test followed by an interview. The online test would be conducted at centers throughout the country.
The following documents are to be sent:
- A demand draft of Rs 500/- towards non-refundable application fee.
- Applicant must mention application ID, Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, on the reverse side of the demand draft.
- Hard copy of system generated acknowledgment and application form submitted on line.
- Self-attested copy or final mark-sheet of the qualifying examination showing the cumulative percentage of marks or equivalent CGPA.
- For students appearing in the final examination in 2017, filled and signed certificate from HOD on college/university letter head (format available on our website).
- Applications to be sent to Mr. Manoj Gupta, Manager Biotech Consortium India, 5th Floor, Anuvrat Bhavan, 210, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Marg, New Delhi – 110002 by speed post / Courier.
|Organization||Biotech Consortium India Limited (BCIL)|
|Fellowship amount||10,000/- per month|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||31 July 2017|
Department of Biotechnology (DBT): The DBT is an organization under Government of India that provides grant in the field of Life Sciences / Biotechnology.
- Basic Research
- Medical Biotechnology
- Food and Nutrition
- Bioresources and Environment
- Agriculture Biotechnology
- Animal Biotechnology
- Aquaculture and Marine Biotechnology
- Theoretical and Computational Biology
- International Collaborations
- Human Resource Development
- Centres Of Excellence and Innovation in Biotechnology
- Research Resources. Service Facilities and Platforms
- Societal Development
- Biotech Parks and Incubators
- Rapid Grant for Young Investigators
- Glue Grant
- Special Programmes-North-East region
- Public Private Partnerships
- Women Scientist Scheme
- Promote large scale use of Biotechnology
- Support R&D and manufacturing in Biology
- Responsibility for Autonomous Institutions
- Promote University and Industry Interaction
- Identify and Set up Centres of Excellence for R&D
- Integrated Programme for Human Resource Development
- Serve as Nodal Point for specific International Collaborations
- Establishment of Infrastructure Facilities to support R&D and production
- Evolve Bio Safety Guidelines, manufacture and application of cell based vaccines
- Address India