University of Antwerp, Radiobiology group of the Belgian Nuclear Research Centre (SCK CEN) and The Laboratory for Cell Biology and Histology at the Faculty of Pharmaceutical, Biomedical and Veterinary Sciences invites applications for the Doctoral grants, full-time (100%) vacancy. Doctoral Grant is provided by the University Research Fund (BOF) in the area of Biomedical Sciences on the subject: “Unravelling the potential of circular RNAs as novel biomarkers of radiation exposure and – sensitivity and their functional characterization in the radiation response”.
- Applicant must hold a master degree in Biomedical Sciences, Biochemistry, BioPhysics, Bioscience Engineering, Biology or equivalent.
- Applicant must demonstrate outstanding academic results and students in the final year of their degree may also apply.
- Applicant must be quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- Applicant must demonstrate interest in and experience with techniques such as cell culture, fluorescence microscopy, genome editing and in particular transcriptomics (RNA-seq, microarray and/or qRT-PCR) is recommended.
- 2 years; with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation.
Starting date: October 1, 2017;
Value: grant ranging from € 2.280,27 – € 2.419,84 per month (gross); dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply:
- Applications to be submitted online via the SCK-CEN application portal
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications.
- Notification of selection for first round: April 28, 2017
- IInd round – oral presentations: May 23 and 24, 2017
- Notification of final result: June 30, 2017
|Organization||University of Antwerp|
Biomedical Sciences, Biochemistry, BioPhysics, Bioscience Engineering, Biology
|Fellowship amount||€ 2.280,27 – € 2.419,84 per month|
|Eligibility||Master’s degree in relevant subject|
|Deadline||March 24, 2017|