The University of Toronto invites applications for Dunlap Postdoctoral Fellowships within the Dunlap Institute for Astronomy and Astrophysics. The institute carries out the path-breaking research in experimental astrophysics, in close association with Toronto colleagues in the Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics (DAA), the Canadian Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics (CITA) and the Center for Planetary Sciences (CPS).
Duration: initially for 3 years; may be extended for one more year subjected to brilliant performance in public outreach and education activities.
Fellowship value: Salary: CAD $68000/year; research allowance- CAD $18000/year; relocation assistance. Additional funds may be requested from the institute.
Starting Date: The approximate expected starting date is September 1, 2017
- Fellows are expected to conduct a program of original research either autonomously or in association with others at the University, and will be provided with professional development and guidance across a range of areas relevant to a scientific career.
- Outstanding candidates in instrumentation, software, or observation are encouraged to apply.
- Successful recipients will have access to labs, computing clusters and fabrication facilities, and can plan for additional support for their experimental or computational plans.
- Cover letter including a summary of research program (max. 300 words)
- List of publication
- Statement of research interests (max. 3 pages)
- 3 recommendation letters and must be sent to email@example.com
|Organization||University of Toronto|
|Subject areas||Physics, Astronomy, Astrophysics|
|Fellowship amount||CAD $68000/year|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||1st November 2018|
- Name of Organisation Field Value