EASL Postgraduate Fellowship: EASL Postgraduate Fellowship Sheila Sherlock
EASL, The European Association for the Study of the Liver is a European professional association for liver disease.
The European Association for the Study of the Liver Scholarship is aimed at supporting European and non-European applicants who wish to conduct research at a European centre.
The fellowship has been established to ensure that promising newly qualified postgraduate researchers who wish to expand research fields and start developing their own research careers are fully supported.
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible for the fellowship
Scholarship Location: Europe
Level of Study: postgraduate research program
Subject Area: Fields offered by the university
Scholarship Award: It includes:
- Base funding of 60,000 EURO per year paid directly to the Hosting Institution, providing support for basic salary.
- It may also cover part of the research expenses. It however, depends on the salary determined by the Hosting Institution and detailed in the fellowship application.
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
- Candidates should either be active EASL members or should have applied for membership at the time of the application;
- The candidates must not hold a permanent position;
- The Hosting Institution must be in Europe;
- The Hosting Institution must be different from the Home Institution and preferably located in a different European country;
- No more than 1 application per hosting and home institution will be considered;
- The research supervisor in the hosting institution must not be a member of the EASL Governing Board but must be an EASL member.
- There would be no restriction on the applicant’s age or nationality
- The candidates applying for the award must hold a PhD and /or an MD degree and have not more than 2 years of postgraduate research experience.
- Applicants must have fluency in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply online
- A detailed research proposal of maximum 4 pages should be prepared. It should identify an important research question and the plan to achieve the objectives.
- A detailed resume of maximum 2 pages
- 2 reference letters (including one from the candidate’s senior mentor at the home institution)
- The applicant must submit an official letter signed by the candidate’s supervisor at the hosting institution. The letter should include the following:
- A statement detailing how much of the design and research work will be done by the candidate,
- A statement confirming that the object of the research program is unpublished (as defined by not having appeared on PubMed) by the closing date for award submissions
- A confirmation that the Hosting Institution will appoint the candidate under a temporary employment contract if the fellowship is granted.
- A confirmation that the candidate is, or has applied to become, a member of the EASL.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2017
|Organization||The European Association for the Study of the Liver, EASL|
|Fellowship Level||Postgraduate research program|
|Subject Areas||Subjects offered by the University|
|Fellowship Amount||Illustrated above|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||30th November 2017|
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,106)
- Europe (827)
- United Kingdom (548)
- Germany (513)
- United States (477)
- Norway (247)
- Switzerland (240)
- Australia (234)
- Denmark (198)
- Sweden (193)
- Netherlands (173)
- Italy (142)
- France (103)
- Canada (98)
- Spain (95)
- Japan (83)
- Belgium (76)
- All Country (68)
- Finland (68)
- New Zealand (45)
- Austria (42)
- China (42)
- Singapore (40)
- Poland (37)
- South Africa (30)
Type of Scholarships
- Doctoral Positions(1748)
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(118)
- JRF / SRF(4)
- Masters | PhD(56)
- Research Associate(330)
- Research Awards(294)
- Short cources(18)
- Short courses(35)
- Technical positions(361)
- Travel Grants(60)