EXPERTISE is a European Training Network (ETN) offers 15 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) positions. The ETN will contribute to train the next generation of mechanical and computer science engineers with a common basic knowledge on the challenges, the paradigms, the technologies and the methodologies in the field of nonlinear structural dynamics of turbomachinery and High Performance Computing.
- gross monthly salary range from € 3200 to € 4800
- The salary includes a living allowance, a mobility allowance and a family allowance (if already married)
Duration: The guaranteed PhD funding is for 36 months
- ESR1 – Damping and shakedown of frictional contacts in partial slip
- ESR2 – Multi-physics reduction approach for nonlinear complex interfaces
- ESR3 – Effect of wear on the dynamics of structures with friction contacts
- ESR4 – Testing based parameterization of contact and friction
- ESR5 – Experimental Dynamic Substructuring for the identification of blade-to-blade interface dynamics
- ESR6 – Nonlinear Identification of Bolted Joints
- ESR7 – Numerical and Experimental Forced Response of mistuned bladed disks with Friction Dampers
- ESR8 – Optimization and highly parallel implementation of domain decomposition based solvers for water – turbines simulations
- ESR9 – Parallel scalability of the computation of quasi-cyclic turbine models using FETI-type methods
- ESR10 – Large scale nonlinear modelling and simulation of whole engine models
- ESR11 – Highly parallel solvers for contact problems with friction
- ESR12 – Offloading I/O from task-based programming models
- ESR13 – Integration of storage and programming models for Exascale applications
- ESR14 – Offloading of collective I/O tasks in Message Passing Models
- ESR15 – I/O Optimization using NVRAM as both Memory and Persistent Storage
- Applicant (ESRs) must at the time of recruitment by the host be in the first four years (full- time equivalent) of their research careers and must not have a PhD degree.
- Applicant are required to undertake transnational mobility (move from one country to another) when taking up the appointment.
- Applicants, at the time of selection by the host organization, must not have stayed or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organization for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment.
- Applicant must demonstrate the ability to understand and express in both written and spoken English
- Each student can apply maximum to 5 ESR positions and all the application documents must be written in English. The Application must include the following documents:
- Motivation letter (with the list of maximum 5 ESR positions)
- List of 2 academic references (with an Institutional email account)
- Transcript of Records
- Copy of the highest degree achieved so far
- Applications to be sent by email (subject: ‘EXPERTISE – Application’) to the Coordinator of the EXPERTISE Project to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Organization||European Training Network (ETN)|
|Country||Italy, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Turkey, Spain, Czech Republic|
|Subject areas||Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics|
|Fellowship amount||As per rules|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
Horizon 2020, the Marie Curie Actions are called the Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions (MSCA). This change better reflects the Polish roots of this extraordinary scientist who inspired and inspires the programme.
Awarding €6.16 billion in the period to 2020, the MSCA support research training and career development focused on innovation skills. The programme funds worldwide and cross-sector mobility that implements excellent research in any field (a “bottom-up” approach).
There are MSCA grants for all stages of a researcher’s career, from PhD candidates to highly experienced researchers, which encourage transnational, intersectoral and interdisciplinary mobility. The MSCA will become the main EU programme for doctoral training, financing 25,000 PhDs.
Endowing researchers with new skills and a wider range of competences, while offering them attractive working conditions, is a crucial aspect of the MSCA. In addition to fostering mobility between countries, the MSCA also seek to break the real and perceived barriers between academic and other sectors, especially business. Several MSCA initiatives promote the involvement of industry etc. in doctoral and post-doctoral research.
- Address Europe