The Facebook Fellowship Program is designed to encourage and support capable doctoral students who are occupied in inventive and related research in areas related to computer science and engineering. The candidates will be evaluated by the strength of his/her research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters. It is open to the students in any year of PhD study.
Computer science and engineering
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Students with Full-time PhD and currently involved in on-going research.
- Students work should be linked to one or more relevant disciplines.
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) that the Fellowship is awarded.
- The Fellowship Program is open to PhD students worldwide who are registered in a recognized university in any country.
Application procedure :
- One-two page research summary which clearly indicates the area of focus, significance to the field, and applicability to Face book of the likely research during the award. Please reference the topical areas below.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Vision
- Connectivity Hardware
- Data Mining
- Distributed Systems, Networking & Operating Systems
- Economics & Computation
- Electrical Engineering
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing & Speech Technologies
- Programming Languages & Compilers
- Security & Privacy
- Social Computing
- Software Engineering
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume with email, phone and mailing address, along with applicable coursework noted
- Two letters of recommendation (one should be from an academic advisor).
|Subject areas||Computer science and engineering|
|Fellowship amount||Two years of tuition & fees paid, a stipend amounting $37,000 per year, & up to $5,000 in conference travel support.|
|Eligibility||Students persuing Phd|
|Deadline||1. 01 Aug 16: 2016 Fellowship program application open
2. 01 Nov 16, 6:00pm PST: Completed applications with reference letters due