Faculty Research Promotion Schemes (FRPS) of University Grants Commission (UGC) offer research support to the University Science Faculties. The Schemes cover:
Faculty at 3 different levels
Disciplines / Areas: Several disciplines
Creation of knowledge through research, and dissemination of a better understanding through teaching, are the primary objectives of a University. While both teaching and research are central to the realization of the objectives of these places of higher learning, research is often neglected in the University, particularly in India.
The Faculty Research Promotion Programme (FRPS) is one such innovative program, under which research support is provided at three (03) levels to the faculties of science departments (including medical and engineering sciences) at Indian Universities.
The Program comprises of three different Schemes.
- Start-Up Research Grant;
- Mid-Career Award;
- BSR Faculty Fellowship.
The Empowered Committee selects the candidates after scrutiny & evaluation of the applications by the National Coordinator of this Program.
Nature of Assistance
- Rs. 10.00 lakhs is provided, which can be utilised for items like minor equipment, consumables, contingencies, fieldwork (maximum Rs. 50,000/- pa) etc.
- The grant will be released in 2 installments. Initially, 80% of the grant will be released.
- The remaining grant will be released after the receipt of the UC of first installment.
- The grant is to be utilized within two years from the date of issue of sanction letter of the first installment.
- A grant of of Rs. 10.00 lakhs is provided, which can be utilized towards minor equipment, consumables, chemicals, glasswares, contingencies, fieldwork, travel, etc.
- The grant cannot be used for international travel, purchasing furniture items and appointing project assistant or research fellow.
- The quantum of funds under these heads is flexible & the same can be decided by the recipient depending on his/her needs.
BSR Faculty Fellowship
- Research Grant of Rs. 5.00 lakhs per annum, and a Fellowship of Rs. 50,000 per month
(exclusive of the pension and/or other retirement benefits),
- The grant provided for a maximum duration of 3 years.
- The Research grant can be utilized for purchase of equipment, computer/laptop, printer, chemicals, consumables, glasswares, contingency, hiring project or technical assistant, field work, travel (within India), etc.
- The grant cannot be utilized for International travel and purchase of furniture.
|Organization||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Fellowship Level||Faculty, Scientist|
|Subject areas||All Disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||As per UGC ules|
See the Link below to Apply
University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi, India: UGC governs the central and state universities of India along with various research labs and centers. It is the major funding agency by the government of India.
Scholarship/Fellowship by UGC University Grants Commission:
1. Emeritus Fellowship
2. Dr. S. Radharkrishnan Post Doctoral Fellowship In Humanities And Social Sciences
3. Post Doctoral Fellowship to Women Candidates
4. Post Doctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Candidates
5. Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship for Research in Social Sciences
6. Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC Candidate
7. National Fellowship for Higher Education of ST Students
8. National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities
9. Maulana Azad National Fellowship For Minority Students
10. National Fellowship for OBC Candidate
11. Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
12. Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holder
13. Post Graduate Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC/ST Candidates
14. “Ishan Uday” for North Eastern Region
15. Research Awards for the Teachers
16. Raman Fellowship for Post Doctoral Research for Indian Scholars in USA
17. Major Research Project (MRP)
18. Special Assitance Programme (SAP)
19. Minor Research Project For UGC Regional Office
- Address India