The Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies (FRIAS) offers 5 Junior Fellowships for Junior Researchers at the University of Freiburg for the A. Y. 2018/19. FRIAS backs the different arrays of research activities at the University and calls for applications for up to five Junior fellowships from its outstanding junior researchers.
The focus of this funding program is to support young, top level Freiburg scientists at the postdoctoral stage and to include them in international networks.
Duration: Junior fellowships are held for 10 months
Benefits of the fellowships:
- Fellows will be released from all their teaching duties by the Rectorate.
- Fellows will be supported through FRIAS funding of 16,000 € for 4 contact hours/week/semester.
- Junior Fellows will be granted a research cost contribution of 5,000 €.
- Full-time presence at FRIAS is expected of all fellows (four full-time working days per week).
- Applicant must hold PhD degree.
- Applicant must hold a temporary state position at the University of Freiburg for the duration of the entire funding period, or
- who finance their own position through third-party funding raised by themselves (throughout the period)
- Eligible junior researchers not holding a full time position or those who do not require a full teaching replacement are requested to consult with FRIAS prior to the application.
- Fellowships will be granted to candidates with challenging and innovative project proposals of high academic quality.
- The competition is open to both “start-up” projects (e.g. developing new fields of investigation and/or in preparation for an application for independent external funding) and “completion” projects (e.g. aiming for the successful conclusion of an ongoing research project).
- Academic excellence of both the applicant and the project proposal willhold the key for selection.
- Submit applications online
- The application must only be submitted after consultation and in agreement with the direct supervisor
|Organization||University of Freiburg|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||5,000 €|
|Deadline||31 October 2017|
Freie Universität Berlin is a leading research institution. It is one of the German universities successful in all three funding lines in the federal and state Excellence Initiative, thereby receiving additional funding for its institutional future development strategy.
Freie Universität can thus take its place as an international network university in the global competition among universities. Development and assessment of research projects takes place within various focus areas, research networks, and platforms for interdisciplinary collaborative research.
The university’s performance in the Excellence Initiative provided funding for several new graduate schools and transdisciplinary research clusters. In particular, the graduate schools play a key role in the development of internationally competitive research centers of excellence.
Freie Universität Berlin is a broad-based university with 15 departments and central institutes offering over 150 degree programs across a wide range of subjects.
- Address Germany
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,090)
- Europe (779)
- United Kingdom (508)
- Germany (483)
- United States (444)
- Norway (233)
- Switzerland (226)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (155)
- Italy (142)
- Canada (95)
- France (93)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (62)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships