Fully funded Scholarships: Barcelona GSE, Spain: Barcelona Graduate School of Economics` Full Tuition Waiver for Masters Students for 2017
The Barcelona Graduate School of Economics is offering fully-funded scholarships and tuition waivers based on academic qualification and merit.
The Barcelona Graduate School of Economics, commonly referred to as Barcelona GSE, is an independent institution of research and graduate education located in Barcelona, Spain.
Unless students have English as their mother tongue or have done an undergraduate degree at an English-speaking university, they must provide TOEFL, IELTS, or Cambridge scores or certificates.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for studying master’s program.
Study Subject: Barcelona GSE graduate students earn one of the 3 official master’s degrees:
- Economics and Finance
- Specialized Economic Analysis
- Data Science
Scholarship Award: The financial aid available to students includes:
- Fully funded scholarships
- Waivers for 100%, 75%, 50% and 25% of tuition fees
- Teaching assistantships
Number of Scholarships: In 2016 34% of students were awarded scholarships or tuition waivers.
Scholarship can be taken in Spain
Eligibility: At the Barcelona GSE they look for excellence and talent.
Key elements of a strong application are:-
- a high GPA
- a sound statement of purpose
- a standout reference letter.
- Strong knowledge in economics and good quantitative skills are also recommended.
- An Undergraduate/bachelor/grado/laurea or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university (for Bologna degrees, a minimum of 180 ECTS are required).
Nationality: students of all nationalities can apply.
College Admission Requirement
- Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have an undergraduate/bachelor/grado/laurea, or equivalent degree
- Test Requirement: The GRE exam is highly recommended for applicants to all programs. For Data Science applicants, the GRE is mandatory.
- English Language Requirement: An advanced level of English language skills: TOEFL 90 and IELTS 6.5
How to Apply: All candidates will automatically be considered for any available financial aid when they submit a completed application for a master program. Required application materials:
- Undergraduate transcripts
- Undergraduate diploma
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of purpose
- GRE exam scores: Barcelona GSE institution code for GRE Exam: 2531
- Proof of English language proficiency: Accepted certificates include IELTS (6,5), TOEFL (90) and Cambridge Exams (Proficiency A-C; Advance A-C; First A)
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 25th of June 2017
|Organization||The Barcelona graduate school of Economics|
|Fellowship Amount||As per the norms|
|Deadline||25th June 2017|
Spain: Barcelona Graduate School Of Economics ( Barcelona GSE): The Barcelona Graduate School of Economics was founded as an institution for scientific cooperation between four existing academic and research units namely:
The Barcelona GSE has a close collaboration with these academic units in teaching and research as well as in the use of resources which they share. This combination of innovation and experience is one of the unique features of the Barcelona GSE.
The affiliated professors of the Barcelona GSE are tenured or tenure-track faculty members from its four academic units.
The Barcelona Graduate School of Economics is a large community of researchers, professors, students, and alumni who all share the School’s core spirit: to create value for society with rigorous work and social responsibility through consistent research and education.
The key mission is the training of the next generation of economists and data scientists by offering world-class programs taught by leading faculty in their field.
The Institute seeks outstanding, motivated students and provides them with a top-notch education and values that will make them exceptional global.
The vision of the school is to be consistently recognized as one of the top institutions in Europe and worldwide for research and education in Economics and the social sciences. The courses are taught by leading academics and researchers in the fields of Economics, Operations, and Statistics, as well as experienced professionals from the analytics industry.
The various masters programs are:
- Master’s Degree in Specialized Economic Analysis: Competition and Market Regulation Program
- Master Degree in Data Science
- Master Degree in Economics and Finance
- Master Degree in Specialized Economic Analysis: Economics of Public Policy Program
- Master’s Degree in Specialized Economic Analysis: International Trade, Finance, and Development Program
- Macroeconomic Policy and Financial Markets Program
There are two PhD programs in the Barcelona GSE research community:
- Graduate Program in Economics, Finance and Management (GPEFM)at Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF)
- International Doctorate in Economic Analysis (IDEA)at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB)
Both GPEFM and IDEA are organized jointly with the Barcelona GSE. Many students in both programs are students of the Barcelona GSE master’s programs.
- Address Spain
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,090)
- Europe (779)
- United Kingdom (508)
- Germany (483)
- United States (444)
- Norway (233)
- Switzerland (226)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (155)
- Italy (142)
- Canada (95)
- France (93)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (63)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships