The Government of the Czech Republic offers scholarships within the framework of its Foreign Development Assistance in support of the study of foreign nationals from developing countries at public institutions of higher education in the Czech Republic.
These Government Scholarships are designed to cover the standard length of study:
Bachelor/Master/Doctoral study programmes:
- These programmes are with one-year preparatory course of the Czech language (which is combined with other field-specific training).
- Government scholarships of this category are granted to graduates from upper secondary schools, or Bachelor’s/Master’s degree courses, as applicable, who can enroll only in study programmes in which instruction is given in the Czech language.
Follow-up Master Study programmes or Doctoral study programmes:
- Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates of Bachelor or Master study programmes, respectively, who enroll in study programmes with instruction in the English language.
Study Areas Available in English:
- ECONOMICS: Economics and Management, Finance and Accounting, Economic Policy and Administration
- AGRICULTURE: Natural Resources and Environment, Forestry Engineering, Tropical Agriculture, Veterinary Hygiene and Ecology
- INFORMATICS: System Engineering and Informatics, Applied Informatics, Computer Science, Engineering Informatics
- ENVIRONMENT: Ecology and Environmental Protection
- ENERGETICS: Mechanical Engineering, Machines and Equipment
- The scholarships are intended exclusively to promote the studies of adults who are foreign nationals from developing third countries in need.
- Neither nationals of the Czech Republic, nor nationals of a member state of the EU, nor any other foreign national with a permit to permanent residence on the territory of the Czech Republic may therefore be granted this type of scholarship.
- These scholarships may not be granted to students who are below 18 years of age.
How to apply:
- Register and apply online
|Organization||Government of the Czech Republic|
|Fellowship Level||Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral|
|Subject areas||Economics, Agriculture, Environment, Engineering, IT|
|Eligibility||Open for developing countries|
|Deadline||30 September 2017|