Human Computer Interaction PhD Studentship at UCLIC, University College London – Computer Science
Applications are invited for a PhD Studentship in the UCL Interaction Centre (UCLIC), funded by an EPSRC DTP grant for up to 4 years from October 2016. The PhD project can be on any area of Human Computer Interaction, although it is expected that the student will contribute to one of UCLIC’s existing research themes: interactions in the wild, collaboration and communication, physical computing, ubiquitous computing, health and wellbeing, effective computing, persuasive technologies, educational technologies, designing future interfaces. Interested candidates are recommended to approach potential supervisors to discuss project ideas before applying.
- Applicants should have a good honors or Master’s degree in Psychology, Computer Science or another related area and have a clear interest in Human-Computer Interaction.
- Eligible candidates will receive a tax-free stipend of approximately £16,296 per year as well as having tuition fees covered.
How to apply:
- Apply online
- The application must include the following: contact details of applicant and names and contact details of at least two referees who can provide information about your suitability for the studentship; a two-page document containing a personal statement and research proposal based on the project description; a CV; and a copy of transcripts of your B.Sc., M.Sc., and/or most recent academic qualifications.
Interviews with short-listed applicants will begin around 27th June 2016.
If you wish to discuss the studentship informally or if you have any questions about the position, please contact Paul Marshall: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Organization||University College London (UCL)|
|Subject areas||Psychology, Computer Science|
|Deadline||15 June 2016|
Enquiries about the application process can be made to Louise Gaynor: email@example.com or Sarah Turnbull: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Further Details: Click
Apply for job
University College London (UCL): UCL is one of the world’s leading universities, founded in London to open up education to all on equal terms.
Study at UCL
- Undergraduatee.g. BA, BSc, LLB, MEng
- Graduatee.g. MA, MSc, PGCE, PhD
- Life Learninge.g. short courses, CPD
Art, Design & Architecture
Basic Life Sciences
Collaborative Social Science
Communication, Language & Hearing
Dynamics of Civilisation
Heritage, History & CulturesHuman WellbeingInfection, Immunology & InflammationJustice & EqualityLanguage, Linguistics & Literature
Law & EnterpriseLondonMaterialsMedia, Communications & InformationMigrationNanotechnologyNeuroscienceOriginsPersonalised MedicinePopulations & Lifelong HealthPublic Policy & GovernanceReproduction & DevelopmentRisk & SecurityStem Cells & Regenerative MedicineSustainable CitiesSynthetic BiologySystems EngineeringThoughts, Beliefs & PhilosophyTransport