ICFO, Institute of Photonic Sciences offers the opening to achieve Final Degree Projects/Master’s thesis or to take part in a research stay, nurturing the student’s education and scientific training.
ICFO aims at an early introduction to frontier science and research, as well as at the early support of exceptional students to experience the enthusiasm and challenges posed by research projects within the diversity of research topics.
Research subject includes the following but your the research topic can be different:
- Bio-photonics & photomedicine
- Graphene optoelectronics
- Nano-photonics & Nanotechnology
- Non-linear Optics & Frequency conversion
- Quantum Optics & Quantum Information
- Attoscience & Ultrafast Laser Science
- Optical Sensing & Optoelectronics
- Green Photonics & Photo-voltaics
- Nano-scopy and Super resolution Imaging
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Current registered student to an Undergraduate or Master’s program.
- Eligible subject areas include, but are not limited to Physics, Engineering, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
- Selection of students is based on merit and potential, in terms of academic report and individual achievements.
- Positive attitude, contribution in community activities, and aptitude for team-work are also taken into account.
- Disabled students are strongly encouraged to apply. No limitations of citizenship or gender.
- Duration: 3 months to 6 months.
- Funds: Students living in Catalunya- 300 euros monthly gross, outside Catalunya- 600 euros monthly gross for full-time dedication.
- Travel expenses are also enclosed.
- Applications to be submitted online.
- Motivation letter which suggests your interest in the ICFO research group(s).
- CV with complete contact details,
- Scanned copies of the academic transcripts for the undergraduate and postgraduate in English, Spanish, or Catalan.
- Name and contact details of at least one referee.
|Organization||Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO)|
Physics, Engineering, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology.
|Deadline||07 April 2017|
The Institute carries out frontier research and trains the next generation of scientists and technologists. ICFO actively collaborates with many leading research centers, universities, hospitals, and a range of private companies based locally and all over the world. ICFO currently hosts 20 research groups working in more than 50 different laboratories.
Available to them are a Nanophotonics Fabrication lab, Super-Resolution Light Microscopy & Nanoscopy Lab, an Advanced Engineering Lab and a range of other support facilities. All research groups and facilities are located in a dedicated 10.000 m2 -building situated in the Mediterranean Technology Park in the metropolitan area of Barcelona.
- Address Spain