ICFOstepstone fellowship program is inviting applications for 8 PhD positions to well-qualified graduate students, who are seeking to pursue doctoral degree in any of the research fields covered at ICFO. The positions are part of the ICFOstepstone Program, a MSCA-COFUND action of the European Commission. Doctoral scholars at ICFO gain from the extensive course offered at local universities and focused instruction by ICFO professors.
ICFO research groups in the following research areas:
- Biophysics & Biomedical Optics
- Optical Sensing, Optoelectronics & Photovoltaics
- Nonlinear Optics, Ultrafast Optics & Atto-Physics
- Nanophotonics, Optomechanics & Nanomechanics
- Experimental Quantum Optics & Quantum Information
- Theoretical Nanophotonics, Quantum Optics & Quantum Information
- Applicant must hold a Master degree or equivalent degree (internationally-recognized).
- Master’s degree must be in a field of science and engineering relevant to the ICFO research activities.
- Degrees issued within the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) must have an equivalent to 300 ECTS, out of which a minimum of 60 ECTS must have been obtained in PG studies.
- Applicant must have an outstanding academic record, earlier research experience and a strong zeal for scientific research.
- Applicant must have a high working knowledge of English.
- Apply online (See the link below)
- Cover letter with research interests
- Scanned copies of the completed degrees; Bachelor and Master equivalent; academic transcripts in English or Spanish
- Scanned copies of the degree certificates (if available)
- 2 references with contact e-mail. The referees must send reference letters directly firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline.
- The print-out of the equivalence calculation accomplished via the Foreign Credits webtool.
- Scanned copy of standardized test results (GRE/TOEFL)- if available
|Organization||ICFO – The Institute of Photonic Sciences|
|Subject areas||Physics, Nanotechnology, Bio sciences|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||17th of September, 2017|
For Further Details: Click
Apply for job
The Institute carries out frontier research and trains the next generation of scientists and technologists. ICFO actively collaborates with many leading research centers, universities, hospitals, and a range of private companies based locally and all over the world. ICFO currently hosts 20 research groups working in more than 50 different laboratories.
Available to them are a Nanophotonics Fabrication lab, Super-Resolution Light Microscopy & Nanoscopy Lab, an Advanced Engineering Lab and a range of other support facilities. All research groups and facilities are located in a dedicated 10.000 m2 -building situated in the Mediterranean Technology Park in the metropolitan area of Barcelona.
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,162)
- Europe (833)
- United Kingdom (549)
- Germany (534)
- United States (477)
- Australia (240)
- Switzerland (237)
- Norway (224)
- Denmark (205)
- Netherlands (149)
- Italy (142)
- Sweden (139)
- France (104)
- Canada (96)
- Japan (83)
- Spain (82)
- All Country (69)
- Belgium (66)
- Finland (63)
- China (43)
- New Zealand (42)
- Austria (40)
- Singapore (39)
- Czech Republic (30)
- South Africa (29)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(111)
- JRF / SRF(5)
- Masters | PhD(45)
- Research Associate(342)
- Research Awards(301)
- Short cources(19)
- Short courses(34)
- Summer School(2)
- Technical positions(374)
- Travel Grants(59)