ICMR Recruitment for 350 JRF Positions: JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS , Division of HRD
ICMR JRF Examination is the first step in the process of admission to the Ph.D/Research Programme through council’s support.
ICMR holds a national level examination for determining the eligibility of Indian National candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) through Indian Council of Medical Research. The award of Junior Research Fellowship to the successful eligible candidates will depend on their finding placement in a medical college / hospital / university / national laboratory / institution of higher learning and research as applicable.
A total of 150 Fellowships would be awarded.
1. 120 Fellowships for biomedical sciences with emphasis on Life Sciences (like microbiology, physiology, molecular biology, human biology, genetics, bioinformatics, biotechnology, biophysics, biochemistry, immunology, Pharmacology, zoology, Environment Science, botany, veterinary sciences, bio-informatics etc.).
2. 30 Fellowships would be awarded for work with emphasis on Social sciences (like anthropology ,psychology, sociology, home science, statistics, , social work and Health Economics).
(I-i) The candidates selected for the JRF programme of ICMR would be permitted to enroll themselves for the Ph.D. programme of any University recognised by the UGC/MCI. However, the JRF programme would not have any connection with the Ph.D. programme.
Note: The validity of fellowship awarded to a candidate will be six months.
Another 100 candidates would be selected for consideration for positions of JRF under various research schemes of ICMR (subject to fulfilling the conditions for appointment under the schemes).
Duration and Emoluments:
The existing value of the fellowship is at present Rs. 25000/- (Rupees twenty five thousands only) per month and an annual contingency grant up to Rs. 20,000/- per annum.
Procedure for applying
Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science or Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course
Method of selection: Through Written tests
Last Date: May 13, 2017
|Subject areas||Natural sciences|
|Fellowship amount||As per UGC rules|
|Deadline||May Yearly (tentative)|
Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR): The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi, the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research, is one of the oldest medical research bodies in the world.
Research Oppertunities / Programs at ICMR
- Extramural Projects for Grantees of ICMR’s Extramural Research Projects
- Short Term Studentship (STS)
- Adhoc Research
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
- ICMR-Visiting Fellow Scheme
- Post Doctoral Research
- MD/MS Ph.D Programme
- MD/MS/DM/MCH/MDS thesis support
- Centre for Advanced Research
- Task Force Projects
- Guidelines for Empanelment of Adjunct Professors/ Scientists of Universities/ Colleges/ Institutes
- ICMR Chairs for Sr. Retired Medical / Biomedical Teachers/ Scientists
- Emeritus Medical Scientist
- Address India
PhD All Country, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Open for all countries, Poland, Portugal, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States