Institut Català de Nanociència i Nanotecnologia (ICN2 – Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology) is a renowned research Centre. The Institute encourages collaboration among scientists from diverse backgrounds (physics, chemistry, Biology, and engineering) to develop basic and applied research, while seeking out new ways to interact with local and global industry.
Research area or group:
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree students will be integrated into one of the ICN2 research groups under the mentorship of the corresponding group leader.
- During the application process, candidates will be asked to select the ICN2 research group(s) they would like to join.
- The SO-ICN2 Summer Fellowship Programme offered by ICN2 is part of the Severo Ochoa Programme on “Nanodevices for Social Challenges” funded in 2014 by the then Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness to support research centres of excellence.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Applicant must be in the final year of their BSc, Master´s or equivalent studies. Only students with an excellent academic background will be considered for this fellowship.
- Overall grades must be indicated in the online application form in order for the application to be considered.
Duration: Internships of between 8 and 12 weeks during the summer months will be agreed between ICN2, the student and their university.
Stipend: 800 € gross/month; funding for travel is available for foreign students upon request.
How to apply:
- Applications must be submitted via the website
- Application must include the following: CV; BSc and Master´s grades; Academic transcript for the BSc; Motivation letter; Contact details for 2 referees/2 recommendation letters
Institut Català de Nanociència i Nanotecnologia (ICN2 – Catalan Institute of Nanoscience& Nanotechnology)
|Subject areas||Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, Nanotechnology|
|Fellowship amount||800 € gross/month|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||28 May 2017|