Leibniz Institute of European History (IEG) offers Research Fellowships for international PhD Students for a research stay in Mainz beginning in March 2018.
About the awards:
- The IEG awards are dedicated to international junior researchers in History, Theology and other historical subjects.
- The institute promotes research on the historical foundations of Europe from the early modern period to 1989/90, particularly regarding their religious, political and social dimensions.
- Projects dealing with European communication and transfer processes as well as projects focusing on questions related to theology, church history and intellectual history are particularly welcome.
Fellowship value: € 1,200/month
Duration: 6-12 months at the Institute in Mainz and can pursue their individual PhD project.
- Doctoral theses continue to be supervised and are completed under the auspices of the fellows’ home universities.
- Fellows are required to register officially as residents in Mainz and to reside and take part in events at the Institute.
- The languages at the IEG are German and English; fellows must have a passive command of both and an active command of at least one of the two languages so as to participate in the discussions at the Institute.
- Application to be sent via e-mail to: email@example.com
|Organization||Leibniz Institute of European History (IEG)|
|Subject areas||History, Theology|
|Fellowship amount||€ 1,200/month|
|Eligibility||Open to International students|
|Deadline||15 August 2017|