Indo-US Science and Technology Forum offers grants under Indo-U.S. Virtual Networked Centers. These grants provide a platform to enable scientists (from India and US) from academia, laboratories and industry to carry out joint research activities by leveraging already existing infrastructure and funding available with the partners on both sides.
About the Networked Centers:
- Indo-U.S. R&D Virtual Networked Centers: R & D Networked Centers aim to encourage joint project implementation amongst Indian and American scientists from Academia and Laboratories on focal areas of thematic and knowledge research through networking, thus paving the way to sustainable interactions and developing long-term relationships.
- Public-Private Virtual Networked Centers: enable Indian and US scientists from Academia and Industry to work together to promote pre-commercial R & D activities having potential towards applied research and product development.
- Applicant can be researchers from any disciplines of Science, Technology and Engineering working at Indian and American Academic Institutions, Laboratories and Industries.
- Applicant must propose research topic of high scientific quality, original and relevant to cover areas of topical and mutual interest.
- Minimum of two Indian and two American distinct institutional partners (2+2 Partnership Mode) may apply. The U.S. and Indian principal investigators must represent academia or public funded laboratories (in the case of Public-Private Partnerships).
- All partners must have intellectual and financial stake in the Networked Centers activities by contributing resources required for the project execution (including associated salary costs).
- Proof of existing funding support available towards infrastructure and equipment has to be provided as a part of the proposal.
- Round-trip international airfare by economy class
- Per diem for visiting researchers with short stays upto 2 weeks and long stays for upto a 4- week period
- Related costs to cover accommodation or local hospitality
- Contingencies upto INR One Lakh for dissemination of research, educational materials and reports.
Funding Duration: 2 year period
Value: upto maximum of INR 50 Lakh
How to apply:
- The proposal to be submitted through online submission portal OR
- Electronically as a single *pdf document in the prescribed format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Organization||Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF)|
|Subject areas||Science, Technology, Engineering|
|Fellowship amount||50 Lakh|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian American nationals|
The Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF), established under an agreement between the Governments of India and the United States of America in March 2000, is an autonomous, not for profit society that promotes and catalyzes Indo-US bilateral collaborations in science, technology, engineering and biomedical research through substantive interaction among government, academia and industry. As a grant making organization, the principle objective of IUSSTF is to provide opportunities, to exchange ideas, information, skills and technologies, and to collaborate on scientific and technological endeavor of mutual interest that can translate the power of science for the benefit of mankind at large.
- Address United States
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,091)
- Europe (780)
- United Kingdom (508)
- Germany (483)
- United States (444)
- Norway (234)
- Switzerland (226)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (155)
- Italy (142)
- Canada (95)
- France (93)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (63)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships