Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India with Indo U.S. Science & Technology Forum, IUSSTF announces fellowship program between Indian institutes and premier USA Universities, in significant areas of Genome Engineering/Editing Technology (GETin). The program is open to scholars whose research work has an interface with Genome Engineering / Editing Technology studies.
About the program (GETin):
The Program is envisioned to:
- Provide opportunity to best and brightest Indian students and scientists to gain exposure and access to world class research facilities in leading U.S. institutions;
- Promote research and capacity building.
- Encourage and motivate outstanding students to take up research as a career path.
- Create attractive avenues for skilled overseas researchers to pursue R&D in Indian or to mentor Indian scientist (s);
- Create the way for the next generation scientists and technologists from India to interact with American peers, thus helping to build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations.
- The program is available in 3 categories: Student Internships; Overseas Fellows; Visiting Fellowships
- Applicant must be Indian nationals currently carrying out a Doctoral research on a full-time basis in various forefront disciplines of Biotechnology like Agriculture, Health Sciences, Bio-Engineering, Biomedical, Fundamental Biology Or Allied Sciences at a public- funded R&D lab/ S&T Institute /recognized academic institute / University / College in India.
- Applicant must not exceed 32 years of age as on 31 Dec 2017
Duration: up to 6 months
- Applicant must be Indian nationals and must hold PhD in Life Science, Biotechnology, Engineering or Technology holding a regular position in public funded R&D Lab/ S&T Institution / recognized Universities/ Colleges in India.
- Applicant must not exceed 45 years of age as on 31 Dec 2017
Duration: up to 5 weeks to 12 months
- Applicants who are U.S. Faculty or Foreign Post Docs presently working in U.S. (for at least two years) in a field having an interface with Genome Engineering /Editing Technologies may apply for this fellowship.
- Applicant must hold PhD/M.D/M.S or equivalent degree with outstanding track record as evident though publications and other recognitions.
- Applicant must not exceed 60 years of age as on 31 Dec 2017
Duration: 2-3 months
- Applications to be submitted (portal will open for submissions from 01-08-2017).
Department of Biotechnology (DBT) & Indo U.S. Science & Technology Forum (IUSSTF)
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
Agriculture, Health Sciences, Bio-Engineering, Biomedical, Fundamental Biology, Allied sciences
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||31 August 2017|
The Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF), established under an agreement between the Governments of India and the United States of America in March 2000, is an autonomous, not for profit society that promotes and catalyzes Indo-US bilateral collaborations in science, technology, engineering and biomedical research through substantive interaction among government, academia and industry. As a grant making organization, the principle objective of IUSSTF is to provide opportunities, to exchange ideas, information, skills and technologies, and to collaborate on scientific and technological endeavor of mutual interest that can translate the power of science for the benefit of mankind at large.
- Address United States