INSA Summer Research Fellowship Program : INSA Summer Research Fellowship Program 2018
Two-month Summer Fellowships has been announced by the three national Science Academies.
The fellowships are open to Indian students to work with scientists associated with the three Academies during 2018.
The aim of the fellowships is to enable applicants to start an independent career in academic research.
The Indian National Science Academy (INSA) was started with the aim of promoting science in India and using scientific knowledge for national welfare.
Nationality: open for Indian applicants
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Scholarship Location: India
Level of Study: two-month summer fellowship
Subject Area: fields offered by the university
Scholarship value: It will cover the following:
- round trip train fare
- a monthly fellowship to meet the living expenses at the place of work.
Eligibility Criteria: Students and teachers from all universities and colleges affiliated to UGC/AICTE/MCI/Accredited Institutions of State Universities are eligible for these Fellowships.
The following criteria must be met by the eligible students:
- The minimum percentage of average marks in core subjects only (i.e. excluding languages) from X std. up to post-graduation (whichever years completed) should be 65% or above for students.
- Students doing PhD are not eligible.
- The Student Applicants should be studying in one of the following:
- BS / BSc / BVSc / BPharm (II and III years only)
- BE / BTech / BCA / BArch (II and III years only)
- MS / MSc / MVSc / MPharm (I year only)
- ME / MTech / MCA / MArch (I year only)
- (5-year integrated) MS / MSc /MTech / MBBS (II, III, IV years only)
- PharmD (III, IV years only)
- (Dual degree) BTech + MTech (II/, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BE + MSc (II, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BS + MS (II, III, IV years only)
- Integrated PhD (I, II years only)
- MSc Tech (I, II years only)
The Teachers should meet the following requirements:
- Teachers must be teaching in a College or University.
- The minimum Percentage of average marks does not apply for teachers.
- Applicants who have availed the Academies fellowship twice before are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply online
- The applicants must upload scanned versions of their mark sheets from class X till the last examination in JPEG Format (the size of each marks sheet should not exceed 700 kb). It applies to both student and teacher applicants.
- Teacher applicants should upload their publications if any.
- Once the candidate is selected an authorization letter from the Principal/HOD that necessary permission/leave of absence will be granted should be sent by post to
Indian Academy of Sciences,
Application Deadline: November 30th, 2017
|Organization||The Indian National Science Academy|
|Fellowship Level||Summer Research Fellowship Program|
|Subject Areas||Subjects offered by the University|
|Fellowship Amount||Monthly fellowship and round trip train fare|
|Eligibility||Open for Indian students and teachers|
|Deadline||30th November 2017|
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,102)
- Europe (823)
- United Kingdom (545)
- Germany (510)
- United States (476)
- Norway (247)
- Switzerland (240)
- Australia (233)
- Denmark (197)
- Sweden (191)
- Netherlands (172)
- Italy (141)
- France (102)
- Canada (98)
- Spain (94)
- Japan (83)
- Belgium (76)
- All Country (68)
- Finland (68)
- New Zealand (45)
- China (42)
- Austria (41)
- Singapore (40)
- Poland (37)
- South Africa (30)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(118)
- JRF / SRF(4)
- Masters | PhD(56)
- Research Associate(330)
- Research Awards(290)
- Short cources(18)
- Short courses(34)
- Technical positions(361)
- Travel Grants(60)