The Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India through its Solar Energy Research Initiative, and the Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) are offering the Bhaskara Advanced Solar Energy (BASE) Fellowship Program to recognize that climate change, clean and efficient energy and environmental protection.
Aims and objectives:
- To provide an opportunity to the best and brightest Indian students and scientists to gain exposure and access to world class research facilities in leading U.S. institutions;
- To promote research and capacity building in the frontline area of Solar Energy to address India-centric issues;
- To encourage and motivate outstanding students to take up research as a career path in the field of solar energy; and
- To pave the way for the next generation scientists and technologists from India to interact with American peers, thus helping to build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations.
- The applicant should have an acceptance letter from a reputed U.S. scientific/technological institution
Number of Fellowships:
- Student Internships: 7
- Fellowships: 7
- Monthly Stipend
- Return Air-fare
- Contingency allowance
- Internship: 3 – 6 months
- Fellowship: 3 -12 months
For Student Internships
- Applicant must be Indian citizen pursuing Doctoral degree as full time scholars in the field of Solar Energy, in a public-funded R&D Laboratory/S&T institution (non-private)/recognized academic institute (University/College) in India.
- Applicant must not exceed 32 years of age as on 31 December 2016
- Applicant must be Indian national with a Doctorate in Science, Engineering or Technology
- Applicants must provide proof of independent research work in internationally recognized academic journals.
- Applications are invited only from applicants working in the field of Solar Energy
- Applicant must not exceed 40 years of age as on 31 December 2016
- Applicant must hold permanent position in a public-funded R&D Laboratory/S&T institution (non-private)/recognized academic institute (University/College) in India.
- Due preference will be given to research aimed at addressing India-centric issues related to Solar Energy.
How to apply:
- Apply online
|Organization||Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum|
|Fellowship Level||Internship/research awards|
|Subject areas||Solar energy|
|Fellowship amount||Monthly Stipend|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||31 August 2017|
For Further Details: Click
The Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF), established under an agreement between the Governments of India and the United States of America in March 2000, is an autonomous, not for profit society that promotes and catalyzes Indo-US bilateral collaborations in science, technology, engineering and biomedical research through substantive interaction among government, academia and industry. As a grant making organization, the principle objective of IUSSTF is to provide opportunities, to exchange ideas, information, skills and technologies, and to collaborate on scientific and technological endeavor of mutual interest that can translate the power of science for the benefit of mankind at large.
- Address United States