The Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund offers Jawaharlal Nehru Fellowships meant to encourage, support and support higher learning and of free intellectual inquiry. The fellowships seek to provide an opportunity to exceptionally talented persons to devote themselves with freedom to their creative work.
Duration: 2 years
Categories: PhD study in India to the following categories of students:
- Indian Nationals
- Nationals of other Asian countries
- Indian History and Civilization
- Comparative Studies in Religion & Culture
- Ecology & Environment
- Applicant must hold a Ist Class Post-graduate degree with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate in both graduate and post graduate level,
- Applicant must already be registered/admitted for PhD degree with a recognized University/Institution in India.
- Applicants who have applied for registration and have not yet been registered at the time of submission of application, are not eligible to apply,
- Applicant must not exceed 35 years of age,
- Applicant must be a full-time Ph.D. Scholar
Value of Scholarship:
- Maintenance allowance + Tuition fee – Rs.18,000 per month
- Contingent expenses: Rs.15,000 per annum
How to apply:
- Applications to be sent to Secretary, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, Teen Murti House, New Delhi 110 001. Following must be attached with application:
- Bio-data, along with details of original work.
- Experience in the field of specialization.
- Project proposed to be undertaken (A synopsis typed in double space in not more than a thousand words)
- A copy of recent passport size photograph.
- Those in Government service, either in a State or at the Centre, should send their applications through proper channel.
The Fellowship Scheme is a continuing one and there is no last date for receipt of applications.
|Organization||Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund|
Indian History and Civilization, Sociology, Comparative Studies in Religion & Culture, Economics, Geography, Philosophy, Ecology & Environment
|Fellowship amount||Maintenance allowance + Tuition fee – Rs.18,000 per month|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals and Asian students|
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,090)
- Europe (779)
- United Kingdom (508)
- Germany (483)
- United States (444)
- Norway (233)
- Switzerland (226)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (155)
- Italy (142)
- Canada (95)
- France (93)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (62)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships