Joint Research Fellowships by IN EAST (Institute of East-Asian Studies) and Centre for Global Cooperation Research (GCR21) calls for applications.
Trans-border Cooperation in East Asia at the Regional/Global Interface The Institute of East-Asian Studies and the Käte Hamburger Kolleg/Centre for Global Cooperation Research (KHK/GCR21), both research institutes at the University of Duisburg-Essen, jointly offer up to 4 six-month fellowships in 2016/2017. The earliest possible start date is October 2016.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Fellows are required to have a completed PhD degree
- Successful fellow will join the Centre or the Institute for a period of 6 months.
- Fellowships include a working space in fully equipped offices at one of the two host institutions
- Reasonable stipend appropriate with the applicant’s level of professional experience will also be given.
- Fellows are expected to contribute to institute’s overall lines of research and to embrace our multi-disciplinary environment.
- Regular attendance at the Institute and the Centre is thus required, implying residency in Duisburg or the Rhine-Ruhr area in most cases.
- Working language at both institutions is English.
Subject Areas for Joint Research Fellowships:
The common theme for the collaboration of both host institutions and for the fellowships is: “Trans-border Cooperation in East Asia at the Regional/Global Interface”. Projects might address one or several of the following topics:
- Public and private authority beyond the nation-state: emerging patterns in East Asia
- Cooperation and uncertainty in East Asia: institutional arrangements at the regional/global interface
- Global governance and regional cooperation from an East-Asian perspective
- Transnational or trans-border cooperation in East Asia
- The role of informal and formal institutions in establishing networks and cooperation in East Asia
- International and transnational organization of activities in East Asia
- Transnational diffusion of institutions and innovations
- Cover letter
- CV with publication list
- Short research proposal (3-5 pages) with 1 relevant publication.
- Indicate your preferred period of stay.
|Organization||University of Duisburg-Essen|
|Subject areas||Social Sciences, Law, Humanities|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||12 June 2016|
- IN-EAST: Mr. Helmut Demes, email@example.com
- KHK/GCR21: Mr. Matthias Schuler, firstname.lastname@example.org
For Further Details: Click