Karlstad University invites applications for a PhD position in Psychology at the Department of Social and Psychological Studies. The department offers courses at undergraduate and master’s level in Gender Studies, Psychology, Social Work, and Sociology and also conducts excellent research and hosts an outstanding PhD programme.
About the position:
- Selected applicant will pursue research in the area of clinical psychology.
- The focus of this PhD studentship is on comorbidity, i.e. the co-occurrence of common mental problems, and the mechanisms connected to the development and treatment of comorbidity.
- The specific focus of this PhD studentship is on the comorbidity of anxiety and sleep problems.
Duration: 4 years; full-time study
Start date: autumn term of 2017 or early in 2018
- Applicant must hold master’s degree of at least 240 ECTS credits of which at least 60 ECTS cr. are studies at master’s level
- Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology is required
Assessment is based on:
- education and other experience, as well as on the independent essays and scientific degree projects
- earlier research experience in clinical psychology
- prior experience of the theory and methods of cognitive behavioural therapy
- Very good English skills.
- Application to be submitted electronically and must include:
- CV and certified true copies of degree certificates, grades, etc.
- A brief account (max. 1000 words) of the applicant’s interest in the position and their main areas of interest for the PhD project
- Research plan (max. 5 pages) detailing the proposed research area (theoretical framework, aim, research questions and methods)
- Undergraduate and master-level essays and degree projects for consideration
- Other academic texts demonstrating the applicant’s capability to complete the PhD programme successfully, if applicable
|Eligibility||Master’s in relevant subject|
|Deadline||03 October 2017|