Khorana Program for Scholars is offered by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India and Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and WINStep This Program provides opportunities to Indian students to pursue research at University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW) and partner universities in Summer 2018.
Duration of program: 10 weeks.
The Khorana Program is dedicated to:
- Provide encouragement to young scholars to undertake Research & Development.
- Enable students to carry out research at a premier University in the US
- Transform research into societal benefits
- Build a seamless scientific community between India and US
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Applicant must hold B.Tech/M.Tech and B.Sc./M.Sc. currently registered in recognized institutions of higher education in India in Biotechnology and allied areas.
- Pre-final year applicants registered in B.Tech, M.Tech, B.Sc, M.Sc., MBBS in Biotechnology and allied areas (including agricultural, food, health and biomedical sciences) are may apply for the program.
- Final Year students and already pursuing Doctorate students are NOT eligible.
- Applicant must have scored CGPA- 8.0 or higher OR 80% and higher.
- Applicants must have completed their degree on or after May 2018.
- Apply online application and upload scanned copies of following documents:
- Latest mark-sheet/transcript
- Two Recommendation Letters.
- Recommendation letters can be sent along with the application form or if referees wish to give a sealed one, they may send it directly to email@example.com with Applicant’s full name in the subject line.
- Printed copies of the application form and supporting documents are not required.
Scholarship value: Stipend, Airfare, Health Insurance
Program Schedule: May – July 2018
Dr. Nishritha Bopana
Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF)
12 Hailey Road, Fulbright House, New Delhi- 110 001
Phone: 91-11- 42691713, 42691700, 42691708
Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India and Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF)
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Subject areas||Biotechnology and allied Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||According to the norms|
|Eligibility||Open for Indian nationals|
|Deadline||30 November 2017|
For Further Details: Click
Apply for job
The Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF), established under an agreement between the Governments of India and the United States of America in March 2000, is an autonomous, not for profit society that promotes and catalyzes Indo-US bilateral collaborations in science, technology, engineering and biomedical research through substantive interaction among government, academia and industry. As a grant making organization, the principle objective of IUSSTF is to provide opportunities, to exchange ideas, information, skills and technologies, and to collaborate on scientific and technological endeavor of mutual interest that can translate the power of science for the benefit of mankind at large.
- Address United States
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,134)
- Europe (833)
- United Kingdom (539)
- Germany (502)
- United States (474)
- Norway (245)
- Switzerland (240)
- Australia (231)
- Denmark (195)
- Sweden (191)
- Netherlands (167)
- Italy (144)
- Canada (98)
- France (98)
- Spain (96)
- Japan (82)
- Belgium (73)
- All Country (68)
- Finland (67)
- Austria (43)
- New Zealand (43)
- Singapore (40)
- China (40)
- Poland (36)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(128)
- JRF / SRF(4)
- Masters | PhD(55)
- Research Associate(336)
- Research Awards(285)
- Short cources(18)
- Short courses(34)
- Technical positions(367)
- Travel Grants(62)