The Kidney Research Scientist Core Education and National Training program (KRESCENT) represents an exclusive partnership destined to improve research capacity by creating conditions that will nurture the growth and development of Canada’s brightest research minds.
KRESCENT offers two programs:
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship is an “in-training” award meant for applicants with a PhD, MD or equivalent degree. The aim is to attract and nurture young investigators to initiate and/or continue training in kidney research.
- New Investigator Award (NI) is granted to individuals who have clearly demonstrated excellence during their pre-doctoral and post-doctoral training in kidney disease.
- Applicants (for both Post-Doctoral Fellowship and New Investigator programs) must be Canadian national or landed immigrants.
- Awards for a Post-Doctoral Fellowship are acceptable under the guidance of investigators holding an academic appointment and in areas of investigation where it is clear that the research has direct relevance to kidney disease.
- Applicants with more than 4 years of postdoc research training by the competition deadline are not
New Investigator award
- At the time of beginning of the New Investigator Award no more than 3 years may have passed since the date of the first faculty appointment.
- Applicant must hold an appointment at a Canadian university at assistant professor level or equivalent.
- Postdoc Fellowship: $55,000 without benefits
- New Investigator: $65,000 without benefits
Duration: Up to 3 years for both awards
How to apply:
- A pdf copy of the full application must be submitted (including all signatures and addenda) by email to email@example.com
- Mention Postdoctoral Fellowship: Last name, First name KRESCENT PDF 2017 in the subject line.
- For New Investigator: The pdf copy must be named in the following format: Last name, First name KRESCENT NIA 2017
|Organization||The Kidney Foundation of Canada|
|Fellowship Level||Postdoctoral/Research awards|
|Subject areas||Medicine, Life Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||Varies for both positions|
|Eligibility||Open to Canadian nationals or landed immigrants|
|Deadline||February 15, 2017|
For Further Details: Click