The School of Chemical Science and Engineering at KTH Royal Institute of Technology invites application for Postdoctoral research position in electrochemical energy storage (Reference number: K-2017-0075). At Applied Electrochemistry the department has long experience of working with electrochemical storage/ conversion for vehicle applications.
Li-ion battery research constitutes an important part, where both experimental techniques & mathematical modeling are important tools. In a project centered on life-time prediction & aging of vehicle batteries, the department will look at gas-evolution during battery aging.
The work would be experimentally focused, & consist of design & method development for in-situ gas analysis of relevant battery chemistries, both on larger cells used in vehicles, & for smaller model-system. The project relates to other ongoing Li-ion battery projects within the group at KTH & within the Swedish Electromobility Center.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Eligibility criterion is as follows:
- PhD., not older than three years, in a relevant area, such as chemical engineering, electrochemistry, material science, chemistry, or related field.
- Experience with mass spectrometry, gas analysis, electrochemistry, or analytical chemistry techniques would be desirable.
- The ability to work both independently & collaboratively would be an advantage.
- Excellent command of written & spoken English is a requirement.
Interested and eligible applicant are requested to log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. Applicants are responsible to ensure that their application is complete according to the ad. A complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time). The application must include the following documents (preferably combined in one pdf):
- Letter stating applicants research experience and interests.
- CV including list of publications.
- Name & contact information of applicant and two or three references.
- Matilda Klett, Ph.D., +46 8 790 80 78, email@example.com
- Goran Lindbergh, Professor; , +46 8 790 81 43, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Organization||KTH Royal Institute of Technology|
The KTH Campus is located in Stockholm, the Capital of Scandinavia and the home of the Nobel Prize. Living in Stockholm, you will be part of one of the most dynamic and enterprising cities in Europe.
By choosing KTH, you will get access to a vibrant student life in a beautiful setting with world-class facilities and extensive student service.
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- World leading and interdisciplinary research
- Modern teaching methods with a strong link to actual research and business collaborations
- KTH provides great opportunities for international careers
- Active and multicultural student life with almost 100 different nationalities represented
- Strong industry infrastructure
- Address Sweden
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,102)
- Europe (823)
- United Kingdom (545)
- Germany (510)
- United States (476)
- Norway (247)
- Switzerland (240)
- Australia (233)
- Denmark (197)
- Sweden (191)
- Netherlands (172)
- Italy (141)
- France (102)
- Canada (98)
- Spain (94)
- Japan (83)
- Belgium (76)
- All Country (68)
- Finland (68)
- New Zealand (45)
- China (42)
- Austria (41)
- Singapore (40)
- Poland (37)
- South Africa (30)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(118)
- JRF / SRF(4)
- Masters | PhD(56)
- Research Associate(330)
- Research Awards(290)
- Short cources(18)
- Short courses(34)
- Technical positions(361)
- Travel Grants(60)