The Doctoral Training Unit on Enforcement in Multi-level Regulatory Systems (DTU REMS) invites applications for PhD positions (Doctoral Candidate) in Law & Political Science. The DTU REMS is a joint research programme of the Faculty of Law, Economics & Finance (FDEF), the Faculty of Language & Literature, Humanities, Arts & Education (FLSHASE) & Max Planck Institute Luxembourg for Procedural Law (MPI Luxembourg).
The doctoral candidate will be conducting research under the supervision of a professor with the aim of studying towards a PhD in Law or a PhD in Political Science. He/She will publish research results & present them at conferences, workshops, etc & will have to contribute to the teaching of classes varying from 1 to 3 hours per week, of small group teachings & tutorials.
Law and Political Science.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Master’s degree in Law or in Political Science with results presenting an excellent research & writing skills.
- The linguistic skills to grow in a multilingual environment: fluency in either English or French, good understanding of the second language & possibly a third language, German in particular, will be considered an advantage.
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary research.
- Excellent communication & team working skills.
- A complete online application form;
- A curriculum vitae;
- Copies of university degrees (to the extent possible, please include university transcripts & official details of class rank), in particular, the master degree or an when it will be awarded (in cases of near completion);
- A short research proposal related to the research fields. Accepted candidates will finalize the topic & the plan with the supervisors when accepted to the programme.
- Two letters of recommendation by professors well-known with the applicant’s previous studies in Law or Political Science remarking on the applicant’s capacity to conduct academic research.
- Proof of language proficiency in English & / or French incase the languages are not the mother tongue of the applicant.
- A sample of writing of the candidate by means of an academic article, paper or other self-authored text.
|Organization||University of Luxembourg|
|Subject areas||Law and Political Science|
Apply for job
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,090)
- Europe (779)
- United Kingdom (508)
- Germany (483)
- United States (444)
- Norway (233)
- Switzerland (226)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (155)
- Italy (142)
- Canada (95)
- France (93)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (63)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships