The Catholic Academic Exchange Service (KAAD) is the scholarship institution of the German Catholic Church for post-graduate students and scientists from (developing) countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Near and Middle East, as well as Eastern and Southeastern Europe.
For the scholarship programme 1 of KAAD you can apply if you:
Who can apply?
- come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America and are currently living there
- have a university degree and professional experience from your home country
- want to acquire a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or do a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university
- are a Catholic Christian (or general belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue
- possess German language skills before starting the studies (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany).
Who can apply: Students from the following countries can apply:
Africa, Asia, Near and Middle East (including North Africa) and Latin America), Focus Countries Ghana, Ethiopia, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Cameroon and Nigeria (Africa), Bangladesh, Indonesia, Cambodia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and China (Asia), Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine/Israel and Syria (the Middle East), Mexico, Guatemala, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia and Brazil (Latin America)
|Organization||Katholischer Akademischer Ausländer-Dienst (KAAD)
Catholic Academic Exchange Service
|Level||Masters or PHD or Postdoc|
|Subject areas||Any Discipline|
Apply for job
PhD All Country, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Open for all countries, Poland, Portugal, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States