Materials Science Postdoctoral Researcher Position: Materials Science Postdoctoral Researcher Position
NIMS stands for National institute for Materials Science.
It aims to become the world’s leading materials research institute. It constantly is recruiting people with the real ability and motivation to contribute to this mission.
Available Position: NIMS Postdoctoral Researcher
Type of position: Fixed Term
Number of People required: 1
Organization: International Center for Materials Nanoarchitectonics (MANA), Nano Functionality Integration Group
Subject Area: The successful candidate will work on:-
On-surface chemistry with high-resolution atomic force microscope/scanning tunneling microscope system, operating in ultra-high vacuum at low temperature.
- The applicant must have, or expect to obtain the Dr. / PhD degree
- The applicant should have a strong background in:-
- Surface Science
- Materials Science or
- On-surface chemistry is one of the most attractive topics since functionalized nano-structures can be fabricated via the bottom up approach with small precursor molecules.
- The research will be conducted with the newly developed high-resolution atomic force microscopy operating at 4K in ultra-high vacuum condition.
Starting Date of the term: as early as possible
Term Duration: the term would be for 1 year. It can be renewed depending on the performance of the candidate
Working Location: NIMS, Namiki site, MANA building
- As per NIMS regulations
- Saturdays, Sundays, and National Holidays will be given as holidays
Remuneration: As per NIMS regulations
How to Apply: – the candidates are required to send the following documents by e-mail in Word or PDF format to email@example.com or KAWAI.Shigeki@nims.go.jp
- Curriculum Vitae with the applicant´s photo
- A list of publications of the applicant
- Reprints of 3 selected papers along with one-sentence summary for each paper should be provided
- Summary of past accomplishments
- Name, affiliation, e-mail addresses and contact details of at least two referees
Note: the documents once submitted will not be returned
Contact Address Details:
Dr. Shigeki Kawai
International Center for Materials Nanoarchitectonichs (MANA), NIMS
Application Deadline: Until a qualified and suitable candidate is found.
- Once the documents reach the designated person, they will be screened.
- After document screening, suitable candidates will be contacted for interview.
|Organization||International Center for Materials Nanoarchitectonics (MANA), Nano Functionality Integration Group, NIMS|
|Fellowship Level||Postdoctoral Research position|
|Subject Areas||Surface science, Materials Science or Chemistry|
|Fellowship Amount||As per NIMS norms|
|Eligibility||Open for all|
|Deadline||Until the position is filled|
The research carried out at NIMS has two aspects, science and engineering. The goal of engineering research is to find ways to produce useful materials, while scientific research seeks to discover the physical principles underlying the properties of matter. NIMS specializes in carrying out research on materials. Our materials research is managed with the perspective of the next generation, in line with our theme “Materials research for creating tomorrow”.
- Address Japan